Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When this guy came on as a sub we were booing him and calling him a traitor. For those that don't know Pires was born to Portuguese Immigrants living in France and was once approached by the Portuguese FA to play for Portugal. He declined and now plays for France.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Unphucking believable!!!

The freakin Italians **** their way into yet another final.

I have never seen a team with such luck throughout their history.

This is too devestating for me to handle. Why can't Portugal get a fraction of that luck?????

These two last days have been the most depressing to this Futebol fan.

I'd riot, but I live in the phucking suburbs!!!

I must have done somthing terribly wrong in my past life.

I need some serious Prozac.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no. If I had a choice between Portugal and Canada...I would pick Portugal. Also France only capped him when they saw Portugal's interest.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm American born but 100% Portuguese blood so if Portugal asked me to play I'd probably play for Portugal! It would be a tough decision though...America..or...Portugal!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Same here I was born in England but given the choice there is no doubt that I would pick Portugal as my parents are Madeirenses although I have a British passport but hey maybe I should get a Portuguese one.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
There is nothing wrong with loyalty to the nation that you now reside in. Whether born or not in Portugal.

However, we must never forget our roots. Our culture. It is richer than anyone else's, as far as I'm concerned.

I've left Portugal at a young age to the US, but I will never forget that I am Portuguese, first and foremost. What hurst me the most is what this win would have done for Portugal. Undoubtly, put our tiny nation back on the map, as it once was in the 15 century.

Than, you have team like Italy... somehow must have stricken a deal with the devil several decades ago.

Call it sour grapes...but, I am one unhappy individual at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts