Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PIRES is one of my fav players...

ive just noticed many weaknesses in Pires,
in that he is very attack minded and cannot defend when they counter attack...he is slow, but has good/average acceleration...
he can control the ball Verrry well, but cannot dribble the ball...
also he cant header the ball, but that is not much of a concern to me...

BUt the reason why i like PIRES is his one touch of the ball that has such a big influence and effect on the team...:D
he has many +ves, but just want ppl to see if they agree with the negatives...;)

do u guys agree with me on those weaknesses of PIRES???...
(watch the next game on arsenal, and watch Pires for those things i mentioned and give me ur opinion)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes he cannot defend but that's not really his job is it?

he can dribble,he may not beat many men,but he doesn't have to,he can carry the ball 50 yards on the pitch without having to beat a man,brilliant close control means the defenders are frightened to dive in so Bob keeps the ball.

he has lost a bit of speed but he is by no means average,he has developed better movement which means he is now scoring more goals than ever.

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
well, if we compare pires with figo, 2 excellent players, we gonna see that pires face several defenders will always try to give the ball to a partner. figo him, will search the freekick. maybe pires should sometimes do the same.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
mali said:
well, if we compare pires with figo, 2 excellent players, we gonna see that pires face several defenders will always try to give the ball to a partner. figo him, will search the freekick. maybe pires should sometimes do the same.
no,don't go changing Bob,he's doing fine as he is ;)

the media in England already think he searches for too many kicks :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
when Bobby's in full flight he'll beat the odd opposition player, altho not really noted for many mazy, mesmeric runs he still draws in defenders and creates openings for others to exploit. regarding his defending, i think everyone over at The Arsenal is resigned to not having to holding their breath waiting for him to put in a last ditch tackle but his attacking prowess more than compensates for this. if there is one critisism id have to make of him that would be that he bottles alot-then again when you've had to endure a career threatening injury i suppose that will always be at the back of your mind.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
mali said:
That may be how they like to play the game at El Real, but the Arsenal is above seeking freekicks. :stuckup: He could still do it for the French National Team, I guess, if you guys don't mind. ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
this is your 2nd thread about trying to find a weakness ina rsenal players :tongue:

to put it in simple, pires is weak in all areas that are not needed or to suit arsenal, e.g heading. so you can go on about how much he sucks at heading all you want but you face the facts that he is a superb player.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I think one of weaknesses is he is injury prone. But when he is on normal form, he never failed to show good performance for the team. In my opinion, Pires is a model of player that wanted by every teams in the world who worked hard tiredlessly to create chances and scoring goals. He is one of attacking midfielders that likes to go forward to help the striker and his sense of scoring is really high. He has great passes and crossings (although we rarely makes goal from air). His balhandling and technique is great, so I don't think he is not good with his dribbles although he is a little bit slower now.

There's another weakness which actually an habit of him that I dislike, he likes to dive. Well yes, he is a pretty good at diving and his quality is near as good as Inzaghi at Juventus.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
He's not as bad as he used to be, but one of his weaknesses is that he wimps out of tackles a bit. ;)

Gotta hand it to him though, on his day he is one of the best players in the Premiership to watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts