Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robert Pires has warned that many French players will boycott the World Cup if far right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen becomes president in this weekends election.

The Arsenal star, who will miss the World Cup through injury, claims it would be impossible to play for a country that is governed by such an extremist.

"Of course we don't want it to happen, but if the extreme right were to win the general election I think more than several players would refuse to take part in the World Cup," Pires warned.

"We are French but the team's roots are from everywhere, so it would make it an impossibility to play for your country if France is governed by the far right.

"As players we have the responsibility to show people that they must react to this threat quickly. I urge everyone to vote for Jacques Chirac."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
great move from these guys. we should have learnt something from history.

Players like Henry, zizou, Wiltord, Silvestre, Thuram, Desailly, Viera, may all back out of the WC ...

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Who cares what Robert Pires think, he never obtained a position where he is suppose to announce political viewpoints.
If he had his name on a party list then it was fair enough.

And this havn't anything to do with me having a rightwing viewpoint. It's just that Pires has been elected for his football skills, the man on the street in Nice or Monaco don't need the Pires opinion to choose between right and wrong. The same goes for Zidane.

BTW: Jacques Chirac is also a butthole, he can take his Pacific nuclear-boms and detonate them outside the Frence shore or even better inside the French parliament.

Poor People of France: They have to choose between plague and diarrhoea.

Anyway:

- French NT :mad: F*uck Off
- Zidane :mad: F*uck Off
- Pires :mad: F*uck Off
- Le Penn :mad: F*uck Off
- Chirac :mad: F*uck Off

Then the £ 1 million question; Do I like France???
- No I don't :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Pires is the only one that's going for that Boycott since he's not going to the WC, i doubt any of the other players will follow him in his boycott.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts