Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was I having a nice dream or is it the case that RC pulled out of the Olympics? If so, when will he return from international duty? It's a shame that the poor guy will have had no break.

Does anyone in the RM first-team risk being selected for their respective Olympic teams?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I have read this one too. He said he's not going.

I don't think he'll manage to take a break though, I think he'll be back to start training for the next season.

Del Bosque was saying (if I remember correctly) that Madrid's major concern was his returning in October if he'd go to the Olympics, which would mean that the team would have to start La Liga and ChL without him. Plus that he'd be exausted, two years without a holiday already for him now (because he was playing in the Copa America last summer and the WC 2 years ago), plus the situation with his knee.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully del Bosque will give him as well as some of the other players a longer break come july.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
This guy must be really sick of playing football:mad: If he doesn't go to the Olympics, I think we should sacrifice two weeks of the opening season and give him a holiday anyway. Just think! Play football non-stop for 2 years - even I couldn't stand that:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kidding is that he has been consistenly decent in play (some times really good/great and other times less) but he has always been consistent.

This man needs a cruise or a long vacation to a non-football playing country.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt and let's petition him to send us hardcore fans on a cruise too. It's only right after that hellish season they gave us! Remember back in November? :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
How many over 21 players can you have at your national team at the olympics?

Iam not sure but isnt the squad consisting of U-21's and a few older guys?

Wasnt this why Nigeria won it last time? Brazil only had Rivaldo of the mosty famous players???

I may be totally wrong here so.....Take it easy

Real&barcafan

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R&B - I think it is sub-23 plus 3 players over that age limit. I think....

I'm not sure how long this has been the policy for.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I don't think so - wasn't it U-21 + 2 players over that age? If so, I see no reason to take Roberto Carlos, especially since they can take Athirson or someone else for his position. And Rivaldo is a mor influential player, so take him too Luxemburgo!:D:D:D (hehe, that leaves Barca without him:D hahaha)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Yes, I too have heard U-23! So lets say its three "pro's". Which one should Brazil take from according from a MAdridita? My picks would be:

1.Rivaldo
2.Emerson
3.Zago (or Aldair but Zago is much better)

What do you think?

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
yup, exactly me way of thinking Pablo:) take Rivaldo and give those suckers problems, who else then... who don't I like? oh, perhaps Denilson, IF he moves to Barcelona :eek: and who else possibly, Elber? yeah, he's OK, I hate him too, so thos three would be my choice:D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not an Elber fan either. Is he staying at Bayern?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Elber is supposedly a huge Barcelona fan, so maybe he'll move there? I hope so, because I hate him, and that would suit me just fine:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So now it's out with the Dutch and in with the Germans? :)

I've only seen him play against Real in the CL and I thought he had an attitude problem.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Giovane Elber is an OVERRATED CRAP PLAYER and just because he has a good midfield and a "easy" legue people seem to think he is good....
Luxemburgo has tested him a few times but i dont think h liked him very much :)

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Pablo75 said:
This man needs a cruise or a long vacation to a non-football playing country.
haha...send him to me:D, I promise, absolutely no football here, and Carlos is my favor in Real

And of course Luxemburgo will take Rivaldo, his Brazil team just can't live without him. Glad that he is the top scorer in WC Southern America qualify right now.
A Barca without Rivaldo, Figo (hope so), all quality Dutches...Good for us...:)...haha, the new decade is ours!!!

As much as I HATE Elber took the #9, which just belong to the true gift--Ronaldo!!!, funny to see Barca have him (unrealistic though):)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Actually Elber has performed excellently in the Brazil shirt, so your point is not too good R&B. I believe he has some 9 goals in 12 appearances. Respectable ey? I agree he is not as great as they make him in Germany, but he's to be blamed, why hasn't he left that sh|t place? It's very strange and he's pretty much ruined his chances of a great star profile:eek:!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I remeber that he had a goal spree at his debut. AGAINST VERY WEAK TEAMS!!!! Please check out the teams he faced in the matches were he scored...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts