Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard Blackburn was only like a mile closer to Wrexham from Birmingham :D

Anyways what are your thoughts of him leaving? seems pretty much dead certain that he'll leave imo. :greed:

and who do you expect Brucie to sign as a replacement? or should he just instruct Steven Clemence to cheat and be annoying?

Robbie Blakes coming for sure it seems btw. Not sure what to think about him to be honest

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Blackburn is nearly 3 miles further away from his parents than Birmingham.

Why not a move to Wrexham to solve his problems :D

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interista said:
Why not a move to Wrexham to solve his problems :D
more like his level as well :D (ok only joking before I get Blues fans on my back :eek:)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I don't think he'll move, we'll just have to be more accomodating to him so he can be nearer his family. We sure as hell can't afford to lose him.

If it did happen :(, then I'd personally hope we'd try and loan Parker. Failing that I'd probably want Baseggio.

Blake is just a back up striker for us, I think we'll ride the season out and see what happens with Forssell before we make a major move. Morrison and Heskey are doing well enough for now and deep down I think we want Mickael full time.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Birmingham City midfielder Robbie Savage has requested a transfer.

The Wales international has been subject of intense speculation recently, with Blackburn Rovers having an offer rejected for the star.

Savage had stated he is happy at St Andrews, but did reveal family problems and suggested he was keen to move nearer his family in Wrexham.

More to follow...
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Anyone know where we can get a cut price warrior? :sigh:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Do you want Andy Johnson or Riccardo Scimeca?

You can have them both!

Free.

I'll even drive them round myself :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Try Arnold Schwarzenegger, he's done just about everything, cant see the refs booking him :D

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Savage requests transfer
by James Pearson - Last Updated 4 Jan 2005

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...avage+requests+transfer&channel=Football_Home

Birmingham City midfielder Robbie Savage has requested a transfer.

The Wales international has been the subject of intense transfer speculation recently, with Blackburn Rovers having an offer rejected by Blues for the former Leicester City star.

The Ewood Park outfit, who beat Charlton Athletic on Bank Holiday Monday, are now expected to lodge a new £2.7 million bid for the midfielder - that includes a £1 million down payment as part of the deal.

Savage had stated he is happy at St Andrews, but did reveal family problems and suggested he was keen to move nearer to his parents in Wrexham.

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is desperate to keep Savage, but now the 30-year-old has decided to lay his cards on the table, he may opt to begin looking for replacements.

Savage had planned a meeting with co-owner David Sullivan on Wednesday, but the midfielder has decided not to wait to reveal his plans.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Yeah, I think we've rejected a couple of bids so far. Understandable because we'll need the money to spend on a replacement.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
What good is it slapping in a transfer request because he wants to be closer to his parents when he is hoping for a move to Blackburn Rovers which is around an extra 3 miles away from Wrexham, it makes no sense. Birmingham have even offered to chaffuer him back to Wrexham when he wants, if thats not a compramise then I don't know what is.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah seems to be all about the money unfortunately :eek:

what if Blackburn dont come with a proper bid? :googly:

you can't not play him and make him train on his own for the rest of the season even though others like me wouldn't mind seeing it :D something has to give either way.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Now you've got yourselves a problem. Rovers have offered £2.7million for Savage. In a market where you can pick up players like Henchoz and Pellegrino for free and Fernando Morientes for £5million, £2.7million for Savage looks like very good business for you guys.

As for Steve Bruce talking about loyalty...well, I've only jusy stopped laughing now. :howler:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
But it doesn't matter sense in the reality of things. I wonder if Robbie has any brains, Birmingham are currently the better club. Last time Blackburn were decent was the year they won the EPL.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I think Blackburn has better road acess to Wales, sometimes that makes up a lot more than distance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, I just want this over so we can buy Robbie's replacement and move on, hopefully Blackburn bid £3 million, we invest in a replacement in his mid 20's and go back to normal.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Interista said:
But it doesn't matter sense in the reality of things. I wonder if Robbie has any brains, Birmingham are currently the better club. Last time Blackburn were decent was the year they won the EPL.
Well we're only 4 points behind Brum and as its plain to see we are rapidly improving under Hughes. As for not being decent since 94/95, we've qualified for Europe 3 times since then. Easily the best record outside of the "big 5" clubs and Leeds. :nono:

And yes Rob, according the AA its 20 minutes quicker to get to Wrexham from Blackburn than it is from Brum. Which makes 40mins there and back....still not a great deal though is it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts