Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you inter fans think of him in his short time at the club? would you like to see him return one day

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Young07 said:
what did you inter fans think of him in his short time at the club? would you like to see him return one day
i can only remember when he hit the post against Helsingborg ... :groan:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The manager that brought him in was sacked( cant think if the name) so Robbie didn't have a chance to play for the team when the new manager team.
I remember when he played the Bari tournament.He is very talented and tottenham should be more careful to keep him there

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Wasn't that the season Inter had 7 strikers, including Keane and that turkish guy who looks like one of the Dalton brothers from Lucky Luke? :)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Nothing special. I wouldn't judge a player on such a short period though.

·
Registered
45,478 Posts
I honestly don't know why we bought him if he wasn't to be given a chance. I remember he scored for us in the UEFA Cup against Ruch Chorzow where he definitely was promising. After that, he was hardly given a chance.

In an interview after he arrived, he said that he was adjusting to Inter and that he was close to Seedorf, who he could chat with in English. Oh wait, now I know why he left! Seedorf probably gave him a few tips on scoring with the ladies that Ronaldo wasn't too happy with! :D

Very good striker though. It's still hard to tell whether he would have done well in Serie A or with this Inter squad though. Probably not that year.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I remembered that he scored twice against Lazio in the super cup, but with the depth of attackers that we had at the time it would always be hard to get playing time.

He moved to Inter at the wrong time.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
barracuda said:
Wasn't that the season Inter had 7 strikers, including Keane and that turkish guy who looks like one of the Dalton brothers from Lucky Luke? :)
That Turkish guy is called Hakan Sukur.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
vlepnat said:
That Turkish guy is called Hakan Sukur.
I remember Sukur well. He was an very good striker (for Gala and Turkey) until he joined Inter. Sounds familiar? ;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Cordoba 4 Life said:
Funny how Sukur, the first time he was in italy, failed like the time he was at Inter.
I guess Inter doesn't learn from the mistakes of others ;)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
barracuda said:
:howler: That guy was a flop in every club he played outside of Turkey.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
he joined us when he was very young (like 20 or something)...i wouldn't call him a flop as lippi never gave him a chance to play...but he made a mistake to go to italy early...he is a pretty good player but IMO not good enough for inter...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This was before my time as an Inter fan, unfortunately...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
nasty nick said:
:howler: That guy was a flop in every club he played outside of Turkey.
didn't he play for arsenal after he left INTER???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts