Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I haven't read much about him lately, except that he is most likely to join MU next season.

What is his position actually? A striker or a pure winger? At MU, they already have Giggs for a left wing position. But, maybe he's going to replace him in the future, considering that he is still young.

Compare to Overmars, do you think that Robben is better than him? How about his cross and dribbling skill?

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Robben is the best of the young talents at the moment. IMO van der Vaart and Sneijder haven't played too well in the first half of the season, at least not for Ajax, while Robben began in absolutely stunning form, dipped a little, but close to the winterbreak he started to regain good form again.

I'm not sure if Robben is faster than Overmars, I haven't personally timed them both at the 50m or the 100m, but from what I see on TV, Overmars is still very fast for someone who is 30.

I think Robben is technically very very gifted. he's got a lot of actions in store and can make any right-back look foolish. His cross isn't worldly yet, but is improving, he gave a couple of good crosses lately, and he still has many years to improve on that of course :)

In my favourite Dutch line-up Robben is indeed on the left-wing, in favour of Overmars. But I do think the Barcelona player should be included in the final squad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts