Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he is now fully running, and with the game a good 10 days away he could make an apperance in the 2nd half against barca....

this is from chelsea website..
--------------------
Arjen Robben
Broke two bones in his foot but not as bad as the ones Scott Parker broke and have kept him out for two months. The fractures are tiny and he is now back running, bot jogging and sprints and could be back training with the first team before too long (26/02/05)
--------------------

this is from bbc
-----------------------

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has played down reports that Arjen Robben will return for the Champions League match against Barcelona.
"He's been responding well to treatment and started running on Friday, but we'll have to wait and see," he told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek.

"We're looking to getting him back as soon as possible, but he'll be back when it's right for him and for us.

"There's no plans at the moment around the Barcelona game."

His comments contradict those of chiropractor Jean Pierre Meersseman who treated the Dutchman after he fractured his foot at the start of February.

Robben had been expected to be out for six weeks, but Meersseman hinted that the winger could be fit for the vital Stamford Bridge game on 8 March.

"I hope he can be back and I will try to help him make that happen," Meersseman told the Mail on Sunday.

"I put everything right with Arjen's foot the last time I saw him 12 days ago. It was an obvious correction and easy to perform.

"I know he was pleased with what I did and now that he is running again. I am due to see him one more time again in the next few days."

Meersseman is the medical co-ordinator at Italian side AC Milan.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
lol sowz i posted about this in the barca thread didnt see u made a thread about it :p yeah it would be great if he could come back. would be a huge boost for the 9other players and would giv us a obvious boost in creativity and firepower.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if he's back he should start not be put on the bench, i'd back you as faves to go through with him, without him Barca are faves for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
good news 4 both teams... if the most talented players are in the pitch, it's better 4 the match... i want to win or lose against the best team possible

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
romulo_ruiz said:
good news 4 both teams... if the most talented players are in the pitch, it's better 4 the match... i want to win or lose against the best team possible
Agreed. :thmbup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Robben = Magic

I havent seen him play a bad game. Except for a short moment with Holland.

I think he is more Effective than Ronaldinho in terms of consistency.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Robben: I Have 10% Chance Of Facing Barca
3/2/2005 11:08:00 AM
Chelsea winger Arjen Robben says he has very little chance of recovering from a broken foot in time to face Barcelona next Tuesday.
"It’s not impossible I’ll play against Barcelona, but it is just a very, very small chance - about 10 percent," said the Dutchman.

"My recovery’s going better than we expected a few weeks ago, but I think the Barcelona game will come too soon.

"I won’t take any risks and come back too soon."

Robben resumed light training last week.
www.goal.com
----------------------
i dont think that they will do the same thing they did with duff... highly unlikely...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'd risk him against Barca if I were Mourinho. It's a do or die tie and you guys can afford a Robben-less Chelsea for the EPL charge seeing that you're 6 points ahead with a game in hand.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I am convinced that he will play.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I think you're right, this will be another one of those Mourinho's blufs.
He created a cloud over Duff's appearence in the first leg and then surprised everyone when he fielded him.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I think you're wrong.

I doubt Robben will play.

Remember I was right about Duff, I said he would play.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
robben is too important to cheslea overall for us to use him in this way, and his injury was way worse than duf's one.

·
THE
14,146 Posts
If he'll paly, it would be perhaps the last 10 mins, no more. Duff was in form, but Robben hasn't played and is probably abit rusty by now.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
:wth::wth::wth:

Milan Come To Robben’s Aid
3/4/2005 12:41:00 PM
Chelsea winger Arjen Robben’s swift recovery from a broken foot has been aided by Milan’s medical team, it’s been revealed.

Roman Abramovich has a close relationship with the San Siro outfit, who allowed Robben to be treated by the head of their medical team, Jean Pierre Meersseman,

’’We were happy to help,’’ said Meersseman.

’’Abramovich knows Galliani (Milan vice-president) very well and the Russians are also on good terms with our Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi.

’’It’s unusual to help a rival, but it comes down to sportsmanship.

’’Competition is important but so is sportsmanship.’’

Robben is closing in on a return to action, although next week’s clash with Barcelona is likely to come too soon.

I wonder how would Rijkaard and Albertini react to Milan's act!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
this has been known from the first article posted here, this is not anything unusual there have been many players who had been helped by other clubs.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Indeed, Barcelona Brazilians Motta and Edmilson went to Brazil to revalidate with in Brazilian clubs training grounds.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Its common here for players to go to respected doctors/speciallists for particular injuries, even when that person is staff of a rival.

Jacko knows all.

I should hit you up for betting tips :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
polaris said:
Its common here for players to go to respected doctors/speciallists for particular injuries, even when that person is staff of a rival.

Jacko knows all.

I should hit you up for betting tips :D

:)

Not been goign aswell for me lately :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts