Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think for starters is a very balance group . I believe that Slovakia has a big chance of qualifying from this group, probably some will tell me that in crazy for what im gonna say but , after watched that Slovakia beat spain in this campaign for the euro 2016 I think is a chance that you finish first, but at the same time as I said is a balance group ithink that most reralistic is that the battle for the two paces one that qualify direct ly and the other to the play-off . I think is gonna be between the two Slavic countries against the to british countries for the side of the Slavic countries we have Slovakia and Slovenia , and fro the british we have England and Scotland I think the battle for qualification will be between this four countries Lithuania has a chance but is very slim while Malta has not chace at all.What did you think about Slovakia chances of making it to Russia 2018 guys?.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Slovakia is desperately incosistent in making it outof Qualification, we made it in 2010, then embarassed ourselves in next two Q campaigns, England will most probably finish first, 2nd spot is imo between Slovakia and Slovenia, not sure about Scots, great football nation I always deeply respected, seen them vs Germany and they gave World Champs good run for their money, however once they leave islands they suddenly turn from mad dogs to puppies.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kajoo thanks ,for the welcoming :) well , I think that England in not unbeatable team, besides this campaign the had a perfect campaign , but to tell you the truth I think Slovakia will over come them. I don't know where Slovakia is gona play them, Bratislava , Trnava or Zilina but I can tell that I think you will beat them to me the score that I will see in September 2016 is this score:

Slovakia 2-1 England :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I cant say about Scotland chances. Since Scotland and Slovakia haven't played in a qualifiers ,but I think both are on the same level in football while Slovenia is a step lower than both. Probably as you said England win the group but probably more realistic will be a three sides battling for second spot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slovakia record against British teams in different qualifiers:

England 2-1 Slovakia
Slovakia 1-2 England
Wales 1-5 Slovakia
Slovakia 2-5 Wales
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland 0-2 Slovakia
no bad record against British Teams so I see there is a chance that you get 1rst place in the world cup qualifiers.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
kajoo thanks ,for the welcoming :) well , I think that England in not unbeatable team, besides this campaign the had a perfect campaign , but to tell you the truth I think Slovakia will over come them. I don't know where Slovakia is gona play them, Bratislava , Trnava or Zilina but I can tell that I think you will beat them to me the score that I will see in September 2016 is this score:

Slovakia 2-1 England :)
would be nice but I think that England always had our number, even as Czechoslovakia, and now Slovakia, we never played wellvs England.

Most definitely we will play vs England in Trnava or Zilina, not in Bratislava, due to lack of stadium of international standards. My guess is Trnava, 20k allseater.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Well I cant say about Scotland chances. Since Scotland and Slovakia haven't played in a qualifiers ,but I think both are on the same level in football while Slovenia is a step lower than both. Probably as you said England win the group but probably more realistic will be a three sides battling for second spot.
agreed, England clearly atop, and three-way fight for 2nd spots between Svk, Slo and Sco

Seen Scotland vs Germany at home, they played really great game, Scotland away will be tough fixture

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Slovakia record against British teams in different qualifiers:

England 2-1 Slovakia
Slovakia 1-2 England
Wales 1-5 Slovakia
Slovakia 2-5 Wales
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland 0-2 Slovakia
no bad record against British Teams so I see there is a chance that you get 1rst place in the world cup qualifiers.
Attended England´s home loss (1-2) in Bratislava (also on U21 day before in Trnava) remember it like it happened yesterday, because day before U21 game (and 2 days before big teams game) my older daughter was born (10.10.2002) :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think in a way , England and Scotland gonna take points from each other you known they have decades of football rivality that come from even before FiFa even existed probably that will give Slovakia the edge over the to british teams, their rivality is the same that the rivality between Slovakia-Czech Republic even yours is almos youth came after the velvet divorce of Czechoslovakia while their rivality have been for decades but I think if they take points from each other will be fun cause England tend to win the first game most of the time but the second tend to lose it, but will find out next year . :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no related to the world cup, but a friendly more related to what Slovaks spect from the national team in france 2016 , I see the result of this friendly:

Slovakia 3-2 Switzerland that give a lot of positive that Slovakia will do well in the euro cup and the Russian 2018 qualifiers :)

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
seen the game, we were extremely effective, 3 SOGs and 3 goals, Swss team woke up when it was 3-0 for Svk. To sum it up, we were better side first 60 minutes, they were better side in last 30. Well deserved win imo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
even this is about world cup, I just want to know something , cause many time I've read some articles including republic of Ireland as a home nation and they have nothing to do with the UK nations , Slovakia has played against Northern Ireland for south Africa 2010 and the Republic of Ireland for the euro 2012 is any difference in the play or the Republic of Ireland play the same British system as the british team of northern Ireland , Im ask this cause I guess you watched those games against both Ireland's, I hope Slovakia gets a very balance group in the euro, and I will wait til next year for the world cup qualifiers that im waiting a lot .:)

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
remember both our away games, but none of the home ones, weird huh ?

N.Ireland couldnt score against us, Skrtel was in beast mode. Rep.of Ireland game was quite unlucky loss for us, Ireland was defending very tightly, we missed our chances, and lost. Style of a play similar for both irish teams, many long efforts, long balls, tons of aerial duels. Repiublic´s defence tighter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts