14. June 2015: SLOVENSKO – Macedónsko
5. September 2015: Španielsko – SLOVENSKO
8. September 2015: SLOVENSKO – Ukrajina
9. October 2015: SLOVENSKO – Bielorusko
12. October 2015: Luxembursko – SLOVENSKO

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
^ I think you can get 3rd at minimum. Even though I am hopeful that you fight it out for 2nd spot. I will we watching. Cheers

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Spain are clearly the class of the group but they ARE getting older in some critical spots.

Ukraine are still very formidable but not unbeatable.

For Repre, it comes down to the same thing as it has been for the past several years... Consistency. Sure, Slovakia can sneak up and beat a side that is far and away better than them and turn around and lose to a much lesser side in the next breath. Fixing that will go a LONG way in deciding whether we qualify for Euro 2016.

It can be done though.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we´ll be missing Skrtel in the opener vs Ukraine away, which sucks as he´s clearly our best defender.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
we´ll be missing Skrtel in the opener vs Ukraine away, which sucks as he´s clearly our best defender.
I forgot about that. A tough stretch of early matches but if Repre can steal a big draw or win early, it could really boost confidence.

What could the team look like, possibly, with players?

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vladimir Weiss sr. always relied on same core of players while Ján Kozák has no problem to experiment and rather calls up in-form players.

His latest nomination for friendlies vs Montenegro and Russia.

Keepers: Ján Mucha (FK Krídla Sovietov Samara/Rus.), Ján Novota (SK Rapid Viedeň/Rak.), Martin Dúbravka (Esbjerg fB/Dán.)

Defenders: Peter Pekarík (Hertha BSC Berlín/Nem.), Ján Ďurica (Lokomotiv Moskva/Rus.), Tomáš Hubočan (Zenit Petrohrad/Rus.), Kornel Saláta (FC Tom Tomsk/Rus.), Norbert Gyömbér (Catania Calcio/Tal.), Pavol Farkaš (Ternana Calcio/Tal.), Erik Čikoš (Ross County FC/Škót.)

Midfielders: Viktor Pečovský (MŠK Žilina), Erik Sabo (FC Spartak Trnava), Filip Kiss (Ross County FC/Škót.), Stanislav Šesták (Bursaspor/Tur.), Marek Hamšík (SSC Neapol/Tal.), Vladimír Weiss (Lekhwiya SC/Katar), Róbert Mak (1. FC Norimberg/Nem.), Miroslav Stoch (PAOK Solún/Gréc.), Karim Guédé (SC Freiburg/Nem.), Erik Jendrišek (FC Energie Cottbus/Nem.)

Forwards: Adam Nemec (1. FC Union Berlín/Nem.), Jakub Sylvestr (FC Erzgebirge Aue/Nem.), Robert Vittek (ŠK Slovan Bratislava)

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hamsik is out with ankle injury, adn I´m quite surprised by calling up Weiss and Nemec.

Substitute players:

Keeper: Matúš Putnocký (FC Nitra)
Defenders: Ľubomír Michalík (FC Kajrat Almaty/Kaz.), Martin Juhar (SK Slavia Praha/ČR)
Midfielder: Samuel Štefánik (NEC Nijmegen/Hol.)
Forwards: František Kubík (Ergotelis/Gréc.), Filip Hološko (Besiktas Istanbul/Tur.)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
In-form is always the way to go. Good to see Weiss Jr's form improve also over the course of the year. Still not as consistent as we would like, but...

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, Weiss moved from Ol.Piraeus to Lahkwyia/Qatar which is nothing else than semi-professional retirement league. Would be OK move if he were 10 years older, but now idk :googly:

I fully expected him to be omitted by Kozák, but from some reason, Kozák trust him as a player.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Slovan cant afford him, only the transfer fee for Olympiakos was 4m Eur (they signed him for free last summer).

Lehwkyia has rich owners and highest budget in Qatari league, but only 5 registered pro players http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lekhwiya_SC
Which would also then make him too expensive to play for even Sparta Praha or Viktoria Plzen or something like that.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured that would be the case.

Second division in Germany, perhaps? Just thinking out loud...
he´s too good for german 2nd division. He played for Man City, Bolton, Gl.Rangers, Espanyol, Pescara, Ol.Piraeus even seen Champions League football with the latter one. Then Lehwkyia all of the teams, when we finally hoped he could find himself a good team in Olympiakos.

His main problem imo lies between his ears. He´s built himself reputation of career journeyman (7th team at age of 24) who seems only to care about cash and has zero ambitions.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
he´s too good for german 2nd division. He played for Man City, Bolton, Gl.Rangers, Espanyol, Pescara, Ol.Piraeus even seen Champions League football with the latter one. Then Lehwkyia all of the teams, when we finally hoped he could find himself a good team in Olympiakos.

His main problem imo lies between his ears. He´s built himself reputation of career journeyman (7th team at age of 24) who seems only to care about cash and has zero ambitions.
I hate to say it, but I agree.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts