Xtratime Community banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
69,195 Posts
Macedonia were more dangerous in Zagreb, Croatia did well in the second half but in reality both goals were poor Macedonian defending. The first one Corluka had time on a corner to control the ball in your own penalty area and the second goal was a massive mistake by the GK, even worse Rakitic almost did it in the first half too

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Yeah all our goals so far have been from individual mistakes, terrible. I bet if we concede another goal or two similarly to the ones against Croatia our team will be described as bending over for Serbia. :howler:

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Changes will be made to the line-up for tomorrow games. Quote Cedomir Janevski:

Because Pandev is suspended, Shikov has an injury and some other players are really tired.
I also wonder if Bogatinov will be the no.1 If not we officially once again have no no.1 to consistently rely on.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Macedonia 1

Serbia 0

Ibrahimi

Line-up: Pachovski; Georgievski; Grncharov, Noveski, Lazevski; Gligorov, Demiri (87' Shumulikoski); Hasani, Tasevski (73' Trichkovski), Ibraimi; Ivanovski (90'+1 Ristovski).

Well, no one expected that! :D Especially after the two Croatia games.

A very dull game with very few real clear cut chances but a very good result and performance (to some extent) by the Macedonian NT.

Janevski wasn't afraid to make the changes by dropping Bogatinov and Popov (who have been guilty for 3 of our 4 goals conceded) and others like Trickovski who hasnt been playing at his club. Well done :thumbsup: Finally a manager who has some balls.

The penalty and red card really swung the game in our favour but we were very disciplined in our defence and considering we had our captain and best player in Pandev out, you have to say we deserved the win.

Ibrahimi is looking set to be the Trickovski of this qualifying campaign. Hopefully he gets a nice move next summer if he can keep these performances (NT and at Maribor) up.

31 000 fans came to support the lads even after our first 3 games :proud:

Gde ste Srbi? :D

4 points from 4 games and although its not underserved no one would have expected this before the qualifiers started. We are now above Scotland and Wales in the table.

Belgium in Skopje in March next. Bring it on!

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Oh well, its still a good turn out considering it was a Tuesday and we had lost 2 of our 3 opening matches and drew the other.

·
Registered
69,195 Posts
Janevski leaves the NT to take over Belgian side Mons, he had a good start to his tenure but not the best finish as Macedonia will be fighting to avoid being bottom of the group

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well we have the worst players in the group so it will be an achievement if we do not finish last.

The FFM actually wanted Janevski to stay on and sign another contract but he didn't.

He did good with the squad he had but you also can't blame him for leaving and going back to Belgium where his family lives.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
That indeed is very bad for him but sh!t happens. I'm sure he planned to stay on when he made those comments.

In any case, who else could have done a better job than he did?

Even if we had Mourinho or Guardiola it would have been no different.

Who do you guys want to see as the new manager btw?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I doubt it will be Stoichkov.

A Bulgarian manager in the current Macedonian political climate :err:

Normally i'm in favour of a domestic coach but only if there is a right option, which im not sure there is one atm.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts