Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIFA, The Worlds Most Contemptable and Corrupt organization is accepting bids to th 2018 & 2022 World Games.

The have stopped the rotation policy they comitted to to ensure that every continent of the planet gets to host the Worlds most popular sport, or so WE thought.

With South Africa scheduled to host in 2010 (Africa) and Brazil in 2014 (South America/Americas), NO NATIONS FROM SOUTH AMERICA can bid for either games, and an AFRICAN nation can only bid for 2022 games.

Why, If the process of rotation is completed, and No Nation from North America were allowed to bid on the 2014 games, and FIFA counted North, Cenral & South America as ONE SINGLE REGION for the 2014 process????

England has been touted as the front runner to host the 2018 games.

WHAT'S wrong with this picture ????

Why is the US, Canada and Mexicao still in the running for 2018 if you look at FIFA's requirements????

Amswer, ... To Maximize the bid numbers. FIFA made MAXIMUM profits from the games hosted by the US(A) (last 24 team tournament). Even though there was only 24 teams, the financial numbers have yet to be challenged.

Don't expect FIFA to think outside the box here ... The US should bypass the 2018 bidding and focus on 2022, but I'm sure FIFA has added a proviso that if WE don't bid now, 2022 will be out of the question. Does it mean that WE will have to bid for both 2018 & 2022? I think so.

FIFA has gone out of its way to help the development of the game in Asia, Africa, Central & South America and Europe is a given, but when it comes to North America, the answer is GFYS ... !!! I don't expect much from the process but the tried and true ... so expect England to land the 2018 games, and if WE bid for 2022, then it MAY be our turn by then.

http://www.cbssports.com/soccer/story/11264285

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
The have stopped the rotation policy they comitted to to ensure that every continent of the planet gets to host the Worlds most popular sport, or so WE thought.

With South Africa scheduled to host in 2010 (Africa) and Brazil in 2014 (South America/Americas), NO NATIONS FROM SOUTH AMERICA can bid for either games, and an AFRICAN nation can only bid for 2022 games.

Why, If the process of rotation is completed, and No Nation from North America were allowed to bid on the 2014 games, and FIFA counted North, Cenral & South America as ONE SINGLE REGION for the 2014 process????
WHAT'S wrong with this picture ????

Why is the US, Canada and Mexicao still in the running for 2018 if you look at FIFA's requirements???
FIFA counts South America and North America as seperate continents/confederations for 2 reasons: 1)They're seperate continents. 2)CONCACAF and COMNEBOL are 2 seperate confederations. How do you figure North, Central, and South America are all the same?

The US, Canada, and Mexico are all still in the running for 2018 because Brazil is in South America. The rotation policy ends after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Last time I checked the US isn't in South America, so we should be able to make a bid for 2018. Look at the infrastructure problems in South Africa. Brazil also has a lot of work to do to get ready for 2014. It's better to have the event in countries that can properly hold them, and yes, make a nice profit.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... but to host 2014, North American was not allowed to bid, but North Central & South America was counted as one for this go around.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I'd say our chances at hosting either one of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are better than some might think. We have the capacity to make an excellent bid - plenty of resources stadiums, etc. (And even Barack Obama - I'm serious.) I would go into more detail, but I'd honestly rather go to bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts