·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current Standings
  • 1) Inter 62
    2) Roma 60
    3) Juventus 59
It's speculating time, gentlemen. Although it's always a diffcult exercise, guess what will be the outcome! Obviously, none team will go much higher than 70 pts so last year Roma's record won't be challenged this year! But who gives a feck as long as we win in the end, you will tell me, eh !? ;) Last year, we've experienced a wonderful 5-wins streak at the end of the season. We have no other choice but to achieve such a performance once again!

Share your mind-expanding calculations with your fellow juventini. Pessimists, optimists, moderated, voice you opinion !... :strong:

Week 31
Roma - Parma
Inter - Brescia
Juventus - Milan

Parma are not out of danger yet. Only 3 points between them and the first relegable team: Udinese. Expect the gialloblù to not sell their skin that easily...
>> Roma draw +1

Same scenario for Inter-Brescia. The Nerazzurri are going thru an off-moment and are threatened to drop to Serie B if they don't grab some precious points. An upset is all but impossible thus but I think Inter will prevail.
>> Inter win +3

Milan are hopeless this season but beware: this is a derby. Besides, Ancelotti will be aiming to achieve something in front of his former crowd and should he fail, he might be sacked. But we'll win, off course. ;)
>> Juve win +3

- - - - - - - - - - - - > | Inter 65, Juve 62, Roma 61 |

Week 32
Milan - Roma
Chievo - Inter
Piacenza - Juventus

Historically, Milanese clubs are always doing good against their Romanese counterparts. May history repeats itself once again.
>> Roma draw +1

Chievo are not the giants-killer they used to be prior to the winter break. However, with the perspective of a European ticket in mind, they could make things very difficult for Inter. Whithout mentioning that the mercato is getting closer and if you're willing to show your potential, it's now or never. Hard to pronounce myself, I'd say a biased entertaining draw.
>> Inter draw +1

Piacenza are not doing too well lately, they fell in the standings and now sit in an uncomfortable 12th position, only 2 points above of the first relegable, with one match less though. Winning tonight will ensure them some warranties about their future in serie A, if they fail to do so, they'll have to win back the points lost somewhere. And they off course have the cannoniere in Hubner. But it's clear that we can't calculate: it's a win or it's bye bye.
>> Juve win +3

- - - - - - - - - - - - > | Inter 66, Juve 65, Roma 62 |

Week 33
Roma - Chievo
Inter - Piacenza
Juventus - Brescia

Roma are pretty tough at Olympico and at the risk of seeing any perspective of final victory, they'll have to get the 3 points. I can't see Chievo being a threat to 'em.
>> Roma win +3

Piacenza are not up to the task when it comes to impress away from home, even if Inter seem to have some difficulties to win at San Siro lately, but they'll fight till the very last end to remain in the elite. I see Inter winning this one in the pain.
>> Inter win +3

Again a bottom team and thus unpredictable. But I'm confident in our abilities. Players are transcending themselves when they have a goal at reach. We'll win, with difficulties possibly.
>> Juve win +3

- - - - - - - - - - - - > | Inter 69, Juve 68, Roma 65 |

Week 34
Torino-Roma
Lazio-Inter
Udinese-Juventus

Toro is already safe (almost, a matter of 2,3 points), but not any near of a European pretention unfortunately. No real motivation thus and Roma will believe in it till it's over, praying for an inter and Juve defeat which would grant them a barrage.
>> Roma win +3

In this war of nerves, beware of the experience factor. Inter have none when it comes to manage a leadership, unlike Juve or Roma. Besides, Lazio might fight for a CL place, depending on what they do prior to that encounter. That day, we'll have have our eyes turned to Rome and I promise to shut my feckin mouth forever if Lazio can help us. I think of a draw, I dream of a defeat.
>> Inter lose +0

Udinese is the big interrogation mark! They could either be relegated by the time we meet them, which could make things easier for us, or being on a sursis. But I don't even want to think about it! The difference of class compained with the right spirit shouldn't let any chance to Muzzi and co.
>> Juve win +3

- - - - - - - - - - - - > | Juve 71, Inter 69, Roma 68 |

And then *drums roll*...
WE'RE CHAMPIONS: SCUDETTO #26 :happy::lick::strong:

Forza Juve!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Super, good prediction/analysis.

All is well that ends well.:cool:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
For a bit of balance, I say we won't. My heart says yes though. One good performance can't erase our season's short comings. We still have problems. Before today, we had a slim chance, now it's slightly better, but Inter still has to lose it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I kind of agree with Micky.

Inter has it in their hands - and Roma is also dangerous.

But there is hope - at least.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mikey said:
For a bit of balance, I say we won't. My heart says yes though. One good performance can't erase our season's short comings. We still have problems. Before today, we had a slim chance, now it's slightly better, but Inter still has to lose it.
Yes, we still have some major shortcomings and I still ain't become no OCWMA member. :D

However, remember the Brescia match before the winter break. Back then, prior to that match, we were criticized as hell, in a deep crisis. And then, 0-4 at Brescia, a 6 games winning streak. This might be one of those sparks, Mikey!...

Are you supersticious? ;)

Inter will lose points, be sure about that.
It's up to us to not imitate 'em...

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
stephañho said:

Yes, we still have some major shortcomings and I still ain't become no OCWMA member. :D

However, remember the Brescia match before the winter break. Back then, prior to that match, we were criticized as hell, in a deep crisis. And then, 0-4 at Brescia, a 6 games winning streak. This might be one of those sparks, Mikey!...

Are you supersticious? ;)

Inter will lose points, be sure about that.
It's up to us to not imitate 'em...
I just want everyone to keep their feet on the ground, this game will be easily forgotten about if we fail to take 3 points next week. Today's results were surprising as they were welcome. Let's see where we are next week, priority number 1 is beating Milan.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Yeah, I Love IT!:)
Even the most pessimistic fan gets optimistic!:D
Please, dear signora, do it for us, just do it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
In my opinion we can get it, but the CRUNCH match is next week against Milan who are in big problems in many ways, but we have been horrible in the all important games.

Moreover- we will have problems in midfield, as Nedved will be suspended following his yellow card today (handball :rolleyes: - we lead 3-0), and Maresca got injured when he came on (another testament to Lippi not trusting Maresca as Zenoni started in midfield ???).

If Conte and Tach. are both fully fit- I'd assume this to be the formation:

4-4-2

____________Del Piero________Trezeguet___________
Zambrotta_____Davids______Tacchinardi________Conte

....or maybe with Zenoni on the right side given that he scored today- which may leave Conte to take over in Tacchinardi's position.

Defence should be strong no matter what as everyone but Tudor and Paramatti are ready I think.

IF we beat Milan- then our competitors have by far the most difficult program left.

Roma's games at San Siro against Milan and at Toro in the last round are particularly difficult, as Roma hasn't won away for a long time.

Inter will play CL chasing Chievo away, and Lazio at Olympico is always a very difficult game. Inter are very, very strong away though.

Piacenza, Brescia and Udinese are all games we should win, but we mustn't forget that they will ALL be fighting their eyes out to avoid relegation.

Hope is back... but it all rests on beating Milan. Fortunately we usually do that at Delle Alpi, and Del Piero likes to score against them :D .

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I don't calculate: Roma won against Bologna and had a draw against Venezia.

Inter played well today, but wheren't lucky

Juventus finally won because they are more relaxed now and the trio Nedved-DP-Trez was back. Nedved is suspended for the game against Milan.

The players play
we pray

·
Registered
859 Posts
I really want us to win the scudetto but somehow i don't, because if we win it it would take away the changes that the club would have made if this season was concluded a failure..i mean i would really love to see some changes especially in the midfield.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like our situation now...

I was already in the mind-set of not being disappointed that we were not grabbing the Scudetto this season. Now that it's a possibility again, it's a very nice surprise! But, I still won't be disappointed IF we don't win it. I can't wait for the coming weeks...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woow, kc! You brought a spiritual touch to my all scientifical initiative! :tongue:

Eringi, you have a point here. But only a flawless scudetto would prompt the management to keep the team as it is. Winning is uncertain and in all case, I don't see the club blinding itself on the shortcomings that have been clearly identified and cancelling all the approaches that have been made regarding next season. In my opinion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
eringi,

I agree with you, but the way I see it, I really don't know how the management will be able to justify NOT making any changes and participating heavily in the transfer season. If there had been cover this season, all of those injuries would not have been as crippling as they were. If Juve can pull something out of their hats and actually win the Scudetto, then it's just a testament to the determination of the few players on the squad. There's no getting around it, win or lose this season, there needs to be some REAL cover next season so that injuries don't put a halt to any kind of Scudetto hopes. And injuries WILL happen... it's a simple fact of the game.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Juventus will not beat Milan because Juventus has not beaten any of the big teams this season, not even one of them. Plus Nedved is suspended for this game so, I smell a draw.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
rufs said:
Juventus will not beat Milan because Juventus has not beaten any of the big teams this season, not even one of them. Plus Nedved is suspended for this game so, I smell a draw.
True. But we'll never get a better chance with the way Milan are playing, with or without Nedved.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Milan sucks big time this season.

I hope we (Feyenoord) can contribute to Inter maybe having a difficult match next week, albeit against Brescia. I simply can not believe they will field their second team next Thursday in Rotterdam and hand the final spot to us, they will play with their big guns. It'll be more difficult after a weary match.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Enringi:

Even if we win the scudetto with this team, the club want to win the CL next season. Our current squad (without injuries) is strong enough to win the scudetto, but not the CL

1 - 20 of 101 Posts