Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reds Not Ready For Europe...I think that sums up everything. Let's aim for the EPL C/ship first before we start thinking about the Champions League.

Reds

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think your right. After going to the match this afternoon I came away thinking that really we should be happy finishing in the top 4. If someone had said you'd finish 4th that I would have settled for that.
Its not good going into the champions league as we are.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wrong.

The purpose of going into the CL is not to win it. Everyone knows Liverpool will not do well in it, but if they don't go into the competition they will never improve.

You've got to play with the best, get whacked a few times and learn the way how stronger continental clubs play. I knew of a Spurs fan who said that he is happy that purs did not qualify for Europe (either UEFA Cup or CL) next season, bcoz he can't bear to see his team get thrashed. What kind of mentality is this?

Going into the UEFA Cup means about a £5m windfall, but the CL promises at least £20m. With the £21m from Reebok and the £20m from CL, Liverpool will have £41m to improve the squad (plus youth development). Losing the CL place is more than just finishing 4th. It has great financial implications. Moreover, players who may want to come to Liverpool next season may now decided not to. Ask Markus Babbel if he'd sign for us if he hasn't sign six months ago.

Suggestions that we'll be happy with qualifying for the UEFA Cup are surely out of the mark. It's more that "Well, we're still in Europe", which is completely bollocks.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i agree 100% with u lfcnet!

l'pool is not yet ready to win either the league or CL...but the mere fact of getting inot CL means about 35M getting to the club/!

and also being into CL means u have more power to attract world class players!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Liverpool are not going to win the Premier League next season would you prefer to see them relegated to the 1st Div.? I'm sure you wouldn't, then why do you think they should not be playing in Europe even if they're not gonna win it? Besides the experience they'll get, they have as much of a chance of winning the Cup as anybody else. Look at some previous winners, who were nothing more than decent teams. We have more than a decent team, we have some great players too. And if GH will find the way to make everybody to play with the commitment like Steve Gerrard's I don't see anybody stopping The Mighty Reds.

In any case that's very wrong attitude to think that we are not good enough. And I'm very sad to hear that from Liverpool fans. If Southampton players would've been realistic while playing at Old Trafford they'd lost 0:7 or 0:9. They drew 3:3! They refused to be realistic, they were sending a message to their opponents to GET REAL! It's not a bad thing to be modest and realistic, but without self-belief, confidence and even arrogance it's impossible to win.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes indeed!

The Reds must try their best in getting into the CL, period.

I'm glad it went to the last day. At least now we've something to look forward to this Sunday.

C'mon Liverpool! And yes, West Ham!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C'mon Jamie & Harry Redknapp, for the family ties sake, you can do it.
My sixth sense tells me Leeds are not going to win their last game, but it wont be easy for the Reds either, but at least that means our destiny is in our owEn hands. If Michael is in the right frame of mind on Sunday - we're in CL!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the impression that leeds will draw with west ham in the last game....

so we HAVE to win at any costs!!i know it won't be easy as bradford will be fighting against relegation..but we have to WIN and Win!!!

both owen and gerard will probaly be ready for that game..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts