Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game is on Sat evening I just read :eek:

We should win this even though we did lose in Waalwijk a few years ago thanks to a Jason Oost special. Just had to be an old boy!

My team anyways:

Lodewijks

Ostlund-Saidi-Gibbs-Basto

Castelen-Ghaly-Ono-Goor

---Kuijt--Kalou----

Prediction: 1-2

fingers crossed there'll be no injuries too in the international week after this round of games! can't afford to be without our main for the important month of April

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
You really think Ghaly is going to get the nodd over Hofs? I like both of them and I'm just glad we finally have some depth in midfield.

The rest of the side looks to be pretty certain, so hopefully we go out and bring home another win along with our ''dear'' friends from Eindhoven who could give us another shot at that third spot.

My prediction, 0-2, Kalou and Ono.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hofs did get subbed like after 60 mins last week and he didn't get a high rating (5,5) but yeah, you can't say for sure that Hossam will start.

and PSV better pay back on Sunday as I afterall been supporting them all year in the CL :fero: I even watched all their games completely bar one. :eek:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
2-4!

Crazy match, we didn't do great defensively, but luckily our offence was brilliant as usual.

Babos again didn't look good and I think he's had his chances now, unless Lodewijks gets injured again. Superb goal by Castelen but I was especially happy to see Lazo get the winner. He called Gullit and Petro. I assume, some pretty bad names in Serbian after the goal. :D

Thanks to your b-team, Wally, this became a perfect weekend, footballwise. We're back in it for #3. :cool:

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what a great weekend :D

Lodewijks will apparantly be out for 3 weeks, so unless he makes a speedier recovery we'll miss him in a fortnight against AZ :( doesn't look good as Babos simply has gone. No idea whats up with him but his confidence must seriously now be rock bottom.

Good to see Lazo get the winner and Castelen bagging a pair, answering van Basten in style. Yet again I reiterate, a disgraceful selection and it's disgusting how the 2 loser dwarfs can get into the team by giving shyte performances week in week out.

Worrying was like you said, our defence and Basto got beaten in every tussle by Jason Oost !, so he rightfully was subbed. The others looked fragile too, so despite the great win, I'm worried about the game in 2 weeks time

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just another thing I read Paauwe was dropped from the 18 for this game cos of his attitude and for not training well :eek: looks like Gullit is really rolling up his sleeves and so far it does look like that the atmosphere is improving at the club.

THere was an article about on the AD site but I can't log onto it right now :groan: but it was more or less about the better atmosphere and about how Lazovic & Saidi felt more at home etc.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
So much for Paauwe's great mentality. As soon as he's not considered for the starting 11, he loses his will to perform. First offer in, I say let him go!

Well thank God our 7 match winning streak has improved the atmosphere at least a little. :eek: There would be something seriously wrong if that wasn't the case.

Oh and for the record I'm still anti-Gullit. :stuckup: :D

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lazo apparantly called Gullit "picku" :D

and this was his explanation in the Gelderlander "Nee, dat was niet kwaad bedoeld. Zo noemen de spelers en de trainers me vaak, het is mijn koosnaampje bij de club. Ik heb heel veel respect voor Gullit. Ik was gewoon ontzettend blij. Feyenoord is mijn club, ik wil hier slagen"

and a bit about himself:
Na de vraag wie hij zo nodig moest spreken, blijkt dat de 21-jarige niet alleen de last van een haperende voetbalcarrière draagt. "Mijn moeder is erg ziek. Ik wilde haar en mijn vriendin laten weten dat ik succes had vanavond."

'Gouden wissel' Lazovic speelt de komende week ook, met Jong Servië tegen Jong Spanje. Hij gaat daarvoor een tijdje naar huis. "Dan kan ik ook bij mijn moeder zijn."

:proud:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yeah it means c*nt, and he didn't just call him that Wally! :D

Great to hear him speak like that about Feyenoord though. Lazo has shown more character than I would have given him credit for. Sorry to hear about his mother, that can't be easy.

Hopefully he helps us beat Spain though! :strong:

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About Lazo, what do you reckon will happen next season with Ali B coming? I have absolutely no idea

but if I was trainer, I'd find it harsh to let go of Lazovic as he's trying his real best now and he proved on Saturday that he can be a real asset to us in some way. Kuijt and Kalou will no doubt stay for at least for at least one more year and 3 strikers in all honesty is enough for a side like us who won't be playing in the CL next season. Either Ali B will have to be versatile and be able to play on the right which I think he did for ADO if I remember correctly or he may have to wait a year and be loaned out for half a season at least to wait before Kuijt will probably sold in the summer of 2006. :doh:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Well, I never figured Lazo would actually want to fight for his spot, I mean that's so un-Serbian. :D

But since he was brought in for a lot of money, he should really make the best out of it and work as hard as he can. Ali B is definately not better than him and I doubt Ali will make a real impact during his first season here. I hope he can play on the right, so we get some competition for Castelen, that's only if Smolarek doesn't return though. So many questions!

Kalou and especially Kuijt are untouchable at the moment, but the Danko I've seen in our U21's is one that can at least compete with Salomon. So hopefully he stays focused and makes the best out of the chances he's given.

How 'bout you?

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to be honest I don't expect Smolarek to come back in the summer as he seems real happy in Germany, finally too ! He'll probably be loaned for yet another year if Dortmund still exist then in the summer :eek:

and with Castelen being a real favorite of Gullit. Sees him as his son pretty much :D Gullit really admires his fighting spirit too, I think Ali B will find it hard on the right too, so I fear that we may have to loan him out for a half a season or so as it'd be pointless for him to be benchwarming the whole time. Hopefully he won't see it as a vernedering but that is the reality imho.

About Lazovic, ik vind dat Gullit het niet kan maken to like put him on the transfer list in the summer to like make way after the better attitude and effort Danko has put into Feyenoord so I'd like him to stay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts