Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people Questioned that transfer , but who still does the guy is awsome :eek:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Well based on performances he's probably our 3rd best centre back (assuming Chivu isnt classified as an out and out CB).

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Honestly, Colombia is pretty set at defense if they've got Rivas and Zapata as Cordoba's replacements for the next 10 years.

Rivas is a huge upgrade to Burdisso. To think that I thought Nico would be a world class defender, this season he's really lost all my respect as a footballer.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I love you man.

Sheer strength.
that's the only thing he has, unless he develope a brain in Italy, which I doubt...the boy sure has balls, not question about it...but he is very limited

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Let's give Burdisso a chance, and give Rivas a chance. Love what I see from Rivas so far, let's see if it is consistent. As far as Burdisso, he was great last year and before, so let's not look down too much on this rough year for him. Hope he bounces back!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The guy is a rock. I love it when people are one on one with him and try to get past then realize that the ball was stopped dead in its track. A true warrior in defense. SOLID!!!!!

·
Registered
45,393 Posts
I've never really rated Burdisso. He's never shown enough at Inter for that. I don't dislike him or anything but that's what I think of him. In the past he looked like he might be a half-decent, patch-up job replacement for our starting defenders, but he's really made me have severe doubts about this for more than a season.

I wasn't expecting much from Rivas...I didn't think he'd fare much better than Burdisso. But he has shown some good signs with good strong tackles and semi-decent composure on the ball (he really surprised me against Liverpool). He's also shown some signs of rash panic attack tackles though, which I'm not too happy about. But he's here to learn...and I think he deserves a chance to prove himself.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I think Burdisso will be an INTER great just coz of his tempermant and never say die attitude

But in terms of ability i think Rivas is outshining him

As for Colombia Cordoba Rivas Parea (Atletico) yes they r very good at the back it must b said

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Caffe colombia succsesor.

thumbs up!!

3 IN A ROW BABY, 3 IN A ROWWWWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
I believe I said earlier in the season that Rivas equals Burdisso in quality...

I was kind of semi-serious and semi-joking at the time...

But based on this season...

Rivas > Burdisso

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
FORZA OUR CRAZY COLOMBIAN

what a performance. There were not many doubters left after Liverpool, but he just stuck it up one more time.

Next season, after a very good first year, his game will hopefully develop, he is still very young and hopefully he will improve.

Mourinho will love him. Mourinho will make a Gallas out of him (I hope....:)).

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
wow...we got 2 boxers? one is ibra and one is rivas? who's gonna win?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts