Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering...

Everybody knows about the rivalry between Barça and RM. But how about the relation between for instance Atletico and Espanyol, or Atletico and Bilbao, or Valencia and Deportivo? Are there clubs that are connected in some way or another? Clubs that are (dis)liked throughout the whole country?

I hope you can give me some insight on this matter!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
:eek:

Seems like I always have to be the one to answer this one. This is my list of rivalrys in Spain, there could be more in the lower divisions, but to my knowledge these are the main ones.

Real-Bar$a:fero:
Real-Atletico:fero:
Atl. Bilbao-Sociedad
Depor-Celta
Sevilla-Betis (Very violent in the Stands)
Tenerife-Las Palmas
Bar$a-Espanyol
Depor-Osasuna
Almeria-Granada
Ovideo-Sporting Gijon
hmmmm, feel free to add on I know I must have atleast missed 1 or 2.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Not many know but the biggest derbi in the region of Galicia is between Compostela and Deportivo, not Celta - Depor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
labas said:
Not many know but the biggest derbi in the region of Galicia is between Compostela and Deportivo, not Celta - Depor.
????? Compostela were in Segunda B (Spain´s 3rd div) last year and just got promoted. That´s sort of like saying that Levante and Valencia is a big rivalry. They might hate each other and play the occasional cup match but unless your´re in the same league rivalries are somewhat difficult.

The big Gallego rivalry is (and in my experience has always been) Celta/ Deportivo. Celta has been in first division the longest while Deportivo are the only Gallego team that have won anything.

add to the list: Hércules v. Villareal, also Getafe v. Leganés (lower division)

basically any two teams that are from the same town or region.

·
4,421 Posts
Osasuna - Real madrid

Atletico Madrid - Rayo Vallecano

Atletico Madrid - Real Sociedad

Ponferradina - Cultural Leonesa

Valladolid - Burgos

Elche - Hercules

Salamanca - Toledo

Betis,Sevilla - Malaga,Cordoba,Recre,Cadiz... (Sevillan teams vs rest of Andalucia)

there are more but I don't remember

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Depor-Osasuna?? Never heard that it was a rivalry more than just 2 Primera teams...

I would add Depor - Real Madrid too :tongue::D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BioJedi said:
...Atletico Madrid - Real Sociedad...
Is this since the stabbing or was the stabbing the result of this rivalry? Or has it got something to do with Spain nationalism against Basques?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Deportivo Chinchon Vs Deportico Badalona......

For the Bragging Rights for the best ANISSETTE in Spain !!!!! :drunk:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Valencia-Barcelona since they think Valencia is Catalunya .. it is NOT.

Valencia-Real Madrid lately, esp. since they met in 2000 in the CL Final ...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Amunti said:
Valencia-Barcelona since they think Valencia is Catalunya .. it is NOT.

Nobody here thinks Valencia is Catalunya, trust me.

I'd add to the list the Rayo Vallecano-Leganés... and by the way, the Depor Vs. Osasuna is not a rivalry match or a derby, it's nothing special:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
BioJedi said:

Atletico Madrid - Rayo Vallecano
I'm sorry but it's the complete opposite to rivalry. When Rayo score you will hear the Calderon applaud. The only rivalry that exists is between Atletico and Real Madrid. There might be minorities which have something against other clubs but we're talking about a generalisation.

·
4,421 Posts
I heard that Rayo's eternal rival is Atletico, you are a friendly rivals, same as Athletic and Real Sociedad, aren't you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We're only rivals when we play each other. Maybe a Rayo supporter would think differently but I've been to the Estadio Teresa Herrera in Vallecas a number of times and there has never been a hint of rivalry against Atletico. Rayo's eternal rival, as with Atletico, is Real Madrid as far as I know.

·
4,421 Posts
Ok, so I was wrong.

btw, it's Teresa Rivera not Herrera

I have been there this year watching Rayo-Osasuna and I must admit that Rayo fans are very respectable with rivals, it is a very nice ambient to see football.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
BioJedi said:

I have been there this year watching Rayo-Osasuna and I must admit that Rayo fans are very respectable with rivals, it is a very nice ambient to see football.
I have a friend of a friend who stays in an apartment behind the Rayo ground and his balcony overlooks the stadium....you can just about see everything apart from a little corner of the pitch

i have a great memory of sitting there in the evening kicking back with some pizza and beer and watching the football down below :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
BioJedi said:

btw, it's Teresa Rivera not Herrera
My mistake! :tongue: I've got my mind on the summer tournaments.. ;)

Teddy Bear you'll have to present me to your friend someday! ;)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
I have a friend of a friend who stays in an apartment behind the Rayo ground and his balcony overlooks the stadium....you can just about see everything apart from a little corner of the pitch

i have a great memory of sitting there in the evening kicking back with some pizza and beer and watching the football down below :cool: [/B]

WOW :cool: then i wonder the houses around the stadium should rent hardens.:D

btw,has your friend of friend become Rayo fan?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts