Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06/03/2002. Rivaldo could face a fine and a ban after Fifa confirmed it is to study video evidence of the Brazilian's incident with Turkey's Hakan Unsal.

In the dying moments of the game Rivaldo went down clutching his face after the Turk kicked the ball at his legs in frustration. Unsal was then given his second yellow card of the game.

"The ball didn't hit my face. I used my experience and turned the situation out in our favor", Rivaldo confessed after the match.

source: http://www.soccerage.com

Rivaldo bunu haqq etdi. Ona boyuk ceza vermek lazimdir.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
"The ball didn't hit my face. I used my experience and turned the situation out in our favor", Rivaldo confessed after the match.
That just doesn't make sense. It was 92nd minute, how the heck they would get an advantage by getting rid of one more player from our side:confused:

IMO it was split second decision and he preferred to cheat, that's all:eek:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
And Mr Scolari says that Rivaldo was trying to cover his face in case it bounces from his knee and hits him on the face:eek::finger: :tongue:

Yeah right, how long would it take the ball to bounce from his knee to his face, 15 seconds?:D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Damn, Scolari can't lie:D

there is a higher probability that rivaldo would juggle the ball with his knee then get hit in the face:tongue:

·
*the drum drum*
42,997 Posts
If he was protecting his face, he would have pulled his whole arm across his head, not just his hands...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
He got a $7000 fine. The commentators of the Tunisia-Russia match mentioned it and pointed out that it seems there's one rule for some and another for others...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Damn, FIFA sent a strong message to Rivaldo with that fine:rolleyes: ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts