Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think he's done?
Or that he still could make the cut in a top team (purely hipotetically as as top teams don't really want him) ?

·
Administrator
29,674 Posts
Rivaldo will join Cruzeiro, which is not by any chance a small team or anything...For one year with the option to return in six months if he receives a european offer that he would like.

V

·
0 Posts
He's done for 4 years now. When he won the World player of the year award he things he's the God of soccer and played only for himself.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Vinnie 1983 said:
He's done for 4 years now. When he won the World player of the year award he things he's the God of soccer and played only for himself.
I love you. That's my opinion too. But be prepared for milions of biased Rivaldo fans to eat us by words. Yes he's finished.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Well, he did the World Cup and was the major player together with Ronaldo.

And in Cruzeiro with Luxemburgo and Alex you can bet that 50% of the Libertadores is already in there hands.

Rivaldo played the best football of his life with Luxemburgo in Palmeiras in 96, and i think he will do it again.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
For the last year and a half Rivaldo never had regular first team football; first because of personal problems, then because of the stiff competition in an already-organized team, and then for being too irregular when he was used... for one reason or another he didn't have the chance to play regularly, day in day out. That makes a difference, anyone who has played knows that.

Rivaldo will get that chance now, and then we'll be able to judge him. He'll still be playing in a strong and organized team, with good players by his side – and now he'll be able to play regularly. If he's still unable to deliver under these circumstances, then he's finished. :mute:

But of course, there's also the possibility of Rivaldo returning to his old form... ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just read the news that he's signed with Cruzeiro, which might be what he needed. A top team, but not as rigurous with him as an European team would've been.
I'm pretty sure he'll succeed...
But would he go back to play in Europe after a succesfuel spell? Or you think he's just making the typical retiring move going back home?

I presonally think that he'd go and try back in Europe if any giant wants him back there.
I think Rivaldo feels that he has still stuff to prove, even though if he really doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed that part. :eek:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The obvious problem will be lack of football. There's no doubt he can be successful at Cruzeiro. But he has had a LOT of time out, and at his age it might be difficult to overcome it. But all he needs is to play above 50% of his absolute best, and he should be able to contribute something positive. Plus, He won't suffer the pressure of being the only creative/offensive player at Cruzeiro.

·
Administrator
29,674 Posts
He will have time to get rythim, the brazilian calendar allows this because we have 2 months of regional competitions that are perfect for Rivaldo do start to work with reasonable level of compeittion where all players are going to be (unlike in europe) in the same physical level as him (or very similar)

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JCamilo said:
He will have time to get rythim, the brazilian calendar allows this because we have 2 months of regional competitions that are perfect for Rivaldo do start to work with reasonable level of compeittion where all players are going to be (unlike in europe) in the same physical level as him (or very similar)
OT:

How does the qualy for Libertadores work in Brasil?
Because you have like hundreds of tournaments, I know Cruzeiro won the last one (Brasileirao, Copa do Brasil?).
But how did Curitiba, Sao Paulo and the other team qualify -and don't remember what team it is-.

Do those regional tournaments qualify anyone to Libertadores?

Thanks. :)

·
Administrator
29,674 Posts
The fourth best teams in the brazilian league plus the winner of Brazilian Cup.
Since Cruzeiro won both the league and the cup, the 5th place of the league received the spot in the Libertadores( Cruzeiro, Santos, Sao Paulo, Coritiba and Sao Caetano)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree with Ze. Watch out for him with Cruzeiro plus Luxembourgo knows how to get the best out of his players and for Rivaldo, this will be a blessing. :)

FORZA RIVALDO!!:)

Cheers.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Camilo.

By the way, since when do you have five teams in Libertadores?
It used to be four right? Who lost a spot?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I think that Rivaldo is done for top world soccer. However, I think that in BRA he will play a lot better than he did with Milan. I doubt any team in EU will give a contract, maybe some wil be fooled if he starts playing well in BRA, but I doubt.
Rivaldo in the World Cup IMO was one of the best with Ronaldinho. After that he thought he was the best and in Milan, everyone knew he was not gonna make it.

·
Administrator
29,674 Posts
Four more teams in Libertadores this year, Van, thus one more spot to Brazil.

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts