Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really understand Italian language, but what's this mean :) what i know is Rivaldo alla Lazio means Rivaldo for Lazio

CUPER "VENDE" RIVALDO ALLA LAZIO
Se il tecnico del Valencia, Cuper, andra’ al Barcellona, per Cragnotti si apriranno nuovi spiragli per arrivare a Rivaldo. L'allenatore argentino ha fatto sapere che gradirebbe avere Claudio Lopez. Il presidente della Lazio, che non gradi` a suo tempo le frasi del "Piojo" che lo accusava di darne per scontato l’acquisto solo per motivi di Borsa, potrebbe inserirlo nella trattativa e porsi in condizione di prendere l'asso brasiliano senza fatica.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
555 Posts
It says that IF Valencia's coach Cuper is going to coach Barcelona next season he would like to have Claudio Lopez in the team and that could mean that Cragnotti could trade Lopez to Barcelona to get Rivaldo to Lazio.

Many "IFs" ... :)

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

------------------
S.S. LAZIO
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA 1999/2000

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 03-06-2000).]

·
Registered
405 Posts
Rivaldo happy to stay at Barcelona

BARCELONA, June 2 (Reuters) - Barcelona's Brazilian forward Rivaldo has pledged his future to the Catalan club -- if they decide they want to keep him.

Rivaldo has repeatedly been linked with a move away from the Camp Nou, following a difficult season that saw him clash with former coach Louis van Gaal and struggle for the form that saw him named World and European Player of the Year.

Lazio were reported to be leading the chase for a player valued at around $50 million but Rivaldo insisted: ``If Barcelona want me in the team then I'll stay.''

Rivaldo, who despite his star status is not among the highest-paid players at Barcelona, was told by club president Josep Lluis Nunez last season to forget about renegotiating his contract.

But the departure of both Nunez and van Gaal, who announced their resignations within a few days of one another last month, could open the door to a better deal for the player, whose contract expires in 2002.

``I'll wait to see who is the new president and I'll sit down with him and reach an agreement,'' said Rivaldo, who was speaking from Brazil in an interview with Barcelona-based newspaper Sport published on Friday.

``I love the club and the city and if it's up to me I'll stay forever. I've had three fantastic years in Barcelona and I and my family are settled here.''

He added: ``I've not signed anything with any club. My priority has always been to stay at Barcelona.''

I thought Lopez had already been traded to Lazio. If Barcelona increase Rivaldo's salary, I think he will stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts