Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivaldo is keen to dampen such talk and he is anxious to guard against complacency. He said: "Everybody is expecting a victory of 5-0 or 6-0 and really they should think again.

"If we win 1-0 that would do us fine and that would be a good result for Brazil.

"I think people's expectations are high and they should be more realistic.

"The World Cup does not have weak teams such as this and we must respect China."

Juninho echoed Rivaldo's words of caution and he claims Brazil cannot take anything for granted against China.

"The day when you won a game before you walked on the pitch are gone," said the former Middlesbrough midfielder.

"We cannot hope to win the match using our names alone - we must play as well.

"Senegal's win over France proved that and we must give China respect.

"We know what to expect and the manager prepared a little video for us so we know how they will play.

"But we also know that we need to win like we did in our first match.

"We were happy with that result and performance. The first game in any tournament is always important and we were pleased to start with the three points.

"Now we must make sure we take another three points against China and if we do we should almost be in the next round."

China coach Bora Milutinovic should have a good idea what to expect from Brazil in the Jeju Stadium and the much-travelled manager lost to them in the 1990 World Cup with Costa Rica and again with the United States at USA 94.

·
Registered
470 Posts
...and Rivaldo must respect himself...:tongue:

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Juninho is right. There are no more easy games in international football. It has gone when african and asian teams got hammered 8 or 9 nil. Of course there are still teams that can whipped but they'll probably never qualify. Well the two teams that I am supporting this WC are going head to head. I hope for a good match that makes up up for the dreadful gmae between Slovenia and South Africa I am watching

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Rivaldo looks more docile after the trick storm.:eek: i would not try to believe how many % he says what he thinks.:rolleyes:

i love all internationals in our spanish liga.sorry for Riva,you are no.:devil:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
although he says that
we dont know what he thinks
his probably luaghing inside that sickmind

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I've been wondering how much PR damage has Rivaldo done to himself with that stupid thatrical stunt pulled Vs Turkey...
I think people who actually liked him before now have a very disrespectfull view of the brazilian.
When The WC is over..and players get back to their respective Leagues we will know for sure !!!

:cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
In Defense Of Rivaldo

I agree with Colocolo, although I believe it's being vastly overrated. I mean, was Simeone treted as a lowlife cheating scumbag when he playacted against England in WC -98? No, it was beckham who was treated as a child (even by British newspapers) for falling for his trick. Everywhere, in every league, we see players playacting. And in Rivaldo's case he didn't even incriminate an opponent unfairly, as Simeone did: The Turk actually DID shoot the ball at Rivaldo!! And yet, The Turk is the victim and Rivaldo is the evil, scheming, ruthless, loathsome, perverted cheater.

I ask you: where is the world going to? The agressor is treated as a victim, and the player who effectively got hit by the ball is thrown into the deepest pit of worldwide contempt.

Next time Rivaldo should react by punching the Turk's lights out instead of faking an injury, huh? Because apparently an aggression isn't as serious as faking an injury...
:confused: :howler:

And one last thought: Many people were outraged that Rivaldo faked a face injury, when the ball actually hit his leg. Would it be OK then if he had faked a leg injury after the hit?!?

This is all ridiculous. The Turks were mad because of the referee's horrible performance, and started whining about it; then everybody jumped aboard the "let's bash Brazil" bandwagon, as the Source of All Worldly Evils is apparently Brazil.

Rivaldo - who had suffered a foul inside the area 30 seconds before that scene, a penalty the referee didn't give and which nobody cared to mention - is not a "cheater" with a "sick mind", even though a lot of people are painting him as Darth Vader without a helmet. Let's keep it real, guys.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think what pissed people off about rivaldo was the fact that it was rivaldo!
formar world player of the year. it does carry certain pressure on him to perform well. but it means also that he doesnt do cheap blows like that "injury" !!!
i think it sucks that a man like HIM could do such a low life thing.

ALSO what is stupid is that the ball hit him in the leg and he held his chest and face!
if you are going to cheat, make it look real
pathetic
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi

hi
you may do not know me.I was known as "m.r.y" in fc barcelona forums.you can ask them about me and i want you to ask from barca fans who m.r.y was.

the will say he is mad about Rivaldo.and that is the whole thing.i like Rivaldo that much that you may can`t imagine.but why?????????????????????

I belive that he is the best player of the history even but why i don`t like Figo or Beckham or other players????????

you may wonder if i say as being a muslim i like people to be good.and i like Rivaldo only and only and only for his great personality at least on the pitch.,i mean if i see negative points in his character i will not like him any longer but i believe that he is a superstar.

so about that faking injury.first when i saw that faking i became unhappy to see that from RIVALDO.but after hearing his talk i understood what he did was a great action not a cheating.as GARINCHA said the turk really shoot the ball to Rivo as a bad action and i want to know and ask you what would have happened if Rivaldo hadn`t done that faking????????
surely the turk wasn`t sent off and it means that he was without a penalty.it is right that he shooted the ball not hard but it was a bad work and so Rivaldo did that to show refree that a bad action has been done.that`s the whole point.

anyway i like you to give me your views and also give me information about Rivo`s personality because you live there but in Iran it is not good.

i have a question from the user with the name:GARRINCHA.

i want to know if he really is that great brazillian footballer.please help me to find it out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: hi

the Rivaldo fan said:
i have a question from the user with the name:GARRINCHA.

i want to know if he really is that great brazillian footballer.please help me to find it out.
What do you mean? You think that the poster on this forums is actually Garrincha the legendary player? If so, sorry to dissapoint you, but the player Garrincha is no more in life...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Garrincha died many years ago. I'm just a fan who supports the team where Garrincha became famous, Botafogo. :) Cheers. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts