Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BARCELONA, June 2 (Reuters)
Barcelona's Brazilian forward Rivaldo has pledged his future to the Catalan club -- if they decide they want to keep him.

Rivaldo has repeatedly been linked with a move away from the Camp Nou, following a difficult season that saw him clash with former coach Louis van Gaal and struggle for the form that saw him named World and European Player of the Year.

Lazio were reported to be leading the chase for a player valued at around $50 million but Rivaldo insisted: ``If Barcelona want me in the team then I'll stay.''

Rivaldo, who despite his star status is not among the highest-paid players at Barcelona, was told by club president Josep Lluis Nunez last season to forget about renegotiating his contract.

But the departure of both Nunez and van Gaal, who announced their resignations within a few days of one another last month, could open the door to a better deal for the player, whose contract expires in 2002.

``I'll wait to see who is the new president and I'll sit down with him and reach an agreement,'' said Rivaldo, who was speaking from Brazil in an interview with Barcelona-based newspaper Sport published on Friday.

``I love the club and the city and if it's up to me I'll stay forever. I've had three fantastic years in Barcelona and I and my family are settled here.''

He added: ``I've not signed anything with any club. My priority has always been to stay at Barcelona.´´

Look like one of Cragnottis big target will stick with his club. Probably he will focus more on Crespo or Vieri now.Because we don’t need players that don’t want to leave their clubs.

Forza Lazio

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that is better for us if he remains there.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Good for him......and even better for us! :)

ROME IS THE CITY, LAZIO IS THE TEAM!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even when Rivaldo was in a bit of a fall-out with VG, a move to Lazio was never on the cards. Rivaldo is Barcelona, Barcelona is Rivaldo.
Rivaldo doesn't follow in Ronaldo's footsteps, apart from his first season, Ronaldo has sucked in the Serie A, and Rivaldo doesn't want to risk being sidelined for over a year.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i always hope rivaldo comes to lazio.......

i love lazio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts