Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
This is what is published on www.dailysoccer.com today:

"Rome team Lazio have signed Brazilian Rivaldo from Spain's Barcelona for 99 billion lire ($48.4 million), Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport said on Thursday.
The paper said Lazio Chairman Sergio Cragnotti had sealed the deal but had agreed not to make it public immediately. "It is probable that Barcelona will deny it today, but by now it's a done deal," the paper said. It added that Lazio would be selling several players to help finance the purchase. ($1=2045.4 Lire)"

Now it´s up to each and everyone to judge the amount of truth in this story.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
rivaldo is the most expensive player ever

T

·
0 Posts
A reflection a few hours after I first heard about this!

If Cragnotti had agreed on not making the news public, why did the Gazzetta get the news? Isn´t this the common crap, a rumour which grows and grows and...? Athirson was signed by Barca a few weeks ago, a few days later he wasn´t...there are more examples. I´m getting kind of tired of it.

But, if this is true, I think it´s sad but it´s more acceptable now than a year ago. Last season Rivaldo was definitely no.1 in the world, he was irreplacable. Nowadays, he is "just brilliant", but is he really irreplacable any longer? I don´t think so. Anyway, I like him very much as a player and character and he is definitely a great part of the Barca spirit, so it would definitely be a loss. But it would have hurt more a year ago.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I heard the news on CNN that Lazio signed Rivaldo for next season for $45,000,000 and that Lazio's pres agreed not to make it official.
I think that Nunes will make the right decision as he already made with Romario and Ronaldo.
Italian league isn't for technical players (look what happened to Van Basten and Ronaldo - the damn defenders killed them).
I think that Rivaldo will go, but Barca will get the new big "R", but who will it be?
Maybe Ronaldinho, maybe Recoba...?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think it's just a rumour. Gazetta dello Sport has published more of this kind of "news", and it was all crap.

But if it is true:
Rivaldo isn't for Barça what Ronaldo and Romario were. We will survive. The last few months Kluivert and Figo were our best players. We have Zenden who can play very well at the left wing. A totally different style than Rivaldo has, but very good for the team. Ask Ronaldo, he wanted Zenden to come to Inter...

T

·
0 Posts
Latest from www,dailysoccer.com

"Italian Serie A soccer club Lazio
on Thursday denied reports they had signed Barcelona's Brazilian striker Rivaldo for 99 billion lire ($48 million). "There is no basis to the reports. Neither President Sergio Cragnotti, nor other officials, have ever had meetings or contacts with the Catalan club regarding the transfer of
Rivaldo," Lazio said in a statement."

Anyone who is surprised?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts