Votes: 9 56.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 7 43.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
althought i'm not watching the worlcup like i would like it( stupid spanish tv) i hear news that rivaldo is playing a good world cup.
barça seems to want to use him for get another player, and his performance at japan can put the things easier for barça, but for another side if rivaldo is playing well, can be very stupid send him to italy, barça need cracks, althought is for only one more year, and he can to leave barça free, and if rivaldo make again another season like last year...
so rivaldo. send to him to italy? or keep him with barça
answeres with arguments, not only rivaldo is the best

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
if he has a really good world cup i doubt well get the money that we would of last season because clubs will wait untill hes free next season.

i think hes going to screw us by leaving next season on a free because of all this talk of us selling him.

so i think we should give him a extention then sell him. then if we sell him we get more money because clubs wont wait till next season and be after him after the world cup and if we keep him we got him till he retires.

but the question is who is a good enough replacement that we will be able to buy. surely if riquelme was that good he would of been playing in a top club in europe already.

For a centre midfield playmaker that we can get theres not many i can think of. I can only think of players with potential so maybe we could get
meghni (supposed to be new zidane)
d'allesandro
riquelme (coz hes really cheap now, in same scenario as rivaldo but in same class?)
Kaka
Ronaldinho (price will prob be much higher after the world cup)
Ronald De Boer (a must!)

Also for the future what about that Diego Ribas Da Cunha guy from brazil. we were interested with him before along with milan and juventus

·
Registered
368 Posts
NO! Rivo is the best...he can´t be sold...

about kaka,forget..he is not going to go out São paulo now...

·
Registered
555 Posts
I wouldn't mind if we sold him to get another world class player. I'm not a big Rivaldo fan and if he's playing a good WC (he has scored twice already i believe) he will be worth more then he will ever be again.
I don't believe teams will wait another year till his contract runs out, because rivaldo isn't getting younger/better. Buying rivaldo next year will also mean he will be a year older and probably less usefull. Besides, there is always the chance of Barca renewing his contract during the season.

So from a financial view i'd say sell him!
From a sportive view i'd say sell him! :) I'd pretty much like to see Mendieta at Barca next season. He brings experience and class and he's a SPANISH playmaker too!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I really don't know how Rivaldo will act next season at Barça. But I would like to see Mendieta playing for us next season.
I can't talk about Jardel because I don't know how he plays.

Rivaldo have good games with Brazil at WC, and if Barça want to sell him now is the time!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Should Rivaldo be send to Italy?

I added a poll to this thread.

I think we should sell him. He's past his prime, ain't worth the money, and will probably leave next year anyway, so....

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think if he would accept his "left winger" role again, he would be a lot more effective. I really don´t understand why he doesn´t accept the position on which he became player of the year and where he scored the most goals btw. I don´t see a problem whith Overmars, because you must occupy the important positions twice, in the case one of the players seems to be ineffective or gets injured. And next year there are no qualification games for the brazillians....so I think that he will have far less games to play, which will give him a boost for regular season games....

Regards,
Bernhard

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Krijn said:
Well, VG promoted Nano to the A-squad. So I think Rivo or Overmars will be sold...
when did you find out about this, and who are the other official promotions?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
It was one of VG's first actions as our coach....
I believe Iniesta and Babangida joined the A-squad as well....

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
i thought he promoted iniesta, babangida, tortolelo and victor valdes with navarro being likely promoted because of the left back situation. i never heard of nano though.

o well im probably wrong

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Rivaldo for barca, and barca for Rivaldo...
if barca sell him, it will be the from the biggest fualts in the history of barca

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If there is an alternative to have a player like Rivo, he must be sold. This year he has had so many injures that sometimes we were doubtful if our sweet team has a player named Rivaldo. :(
This year (not the next one) we can get a big sum or a world class player for him. Barca took everything from the player Rivaldo. His manner of the play is known all over Spain and the task not let Rivo score becomes more and more simple for our opposites. :( And for Rivo, the change of country and football will be very useful. During the last 2 years Barca lost so many good players that one player more than less that is not important.
My words can seem to anybody cruel but I just express my mind;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Why bother sending him to Italy. Better send him to Hollywood. He would make u proud by getting an Oscar.;)

Just kidding. To be frank, I would really like to see Rivaldo in serie A. As I am both a fan of Rivaldo & Serie A, I can speak from a perspective which is profitable to me.;)

But the fact is that, he must play in Serie A, so that he can prove he can withstand the rigourous defence usually practiced in Serie A. Would be quite interesting. But I sincerely doubt his shining in serie A. Not becoz he is not talented enough, but his injury problems will grow in Serie A. That means he might not play at his full potential. A definite loss for Fans all around the world of such rare talents.

Bye

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
No.

Keep him. He's just not worth risking.

and take mandietta. I have no problem with that either.;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like Newcastle is interested in buying Rivaldo's services:

Tuesday, June 11, 2002
Magpies linked with Rivaldo swoop
By Dale Johnson

Newcastle United have today been linked with an audacious bid for Barcelona star Rivaldo.

The forward, who is currently starring for Brazil at the World Cup, is reported to be a target for Magpies' boss Bobby Robson and a fee of £10million.

Rivaldo has a year left on his current contract and has stated he wants to stay at the Nou Camp, but the chance to try his hand in the Premiership may be hard to reject.

United are saying nothing about their prospective move as it emerged in Spain there has been contact with the 30-year-old. But with Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd and deputy Douglas Hall currently on holiday in the city, speculation is rife their club's interest is more than just a passing dalliance.

An unnamed advisor to the player today confirmed there had been contact between the two clubs, and although no offer has yet been made, there is a dialogue.

'Newcastle are interested in Rivaldo but no official offer has been received from Newcastle or any other club for the time being,' he said. 'Rivaldo's intention is to stay at Barcelona and finish his contract, but as an intelligent man, he will look at the possible offers and decide what is best for his future career.

'Rivaldo is with Brazil at the World Cup and is not aware of what's going on.'

Any move for such a high-profile star would confirm United's ambition as they attempt to reel in the Premiership's big three after challenging Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United for much of last season to deservedly clinch fourth spot.

Robson's relationship with a player he regards in the highest esteem could prove vital. United have been linked with almost 50 different players since the end of last season, many of them erroneously, but it appears the latest speculation has some real foundation.

In the meantime, it looks as though Spanish misfit Marcelino's Newcastle nightmare could be drawing to a close with several clubs, including Real Betis, thought to be ready to offer him a way out in a cut-price deal.

Source: Soccernet
http://www.soccernet.com/england/news/2002/0611/20020611nufcrivaldo.html

·
Registered
368 Posts
OK! let me see if I understood...
one of the best players you want do go to other team...why???

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
true rivaldo isnt as good as he used to be, but when he used to be good he was on the left

a bit off topic but do you guys think tortolelo and navarro will be good in the first team next season because IMO i think that all the attackers being promoted will do well as will victor valdes

·
Registered
33 Posts
????

Ronald De Boer (a must!)

Ronald De boer? i hope you are kidding. Did you not remember what he was like and he's not going to be any better now as he's older and thers's the small matter of him being crap.However knowing VG and Gaspart together they'll sell Rivo and get RDB anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts