Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivaldo said that Argeintina will have the moment of truth agaisnt us.
ANd i think he is totaly righjt.....they always say they are this and that, but when they face us they always lose!!
why is that?
ok we are playing bad, but that is mailny cause ofmotivation....and when we face them...motivation is one thing that we will not need, cause it already in the blood!:)
I think we are gonna kill them in one weeks time!:)
Argentina your turn is coming!:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
"When they face us they always lose" That is such an inaccurate and irresponsible statement. In the last four matches between us, we have each won twice (senior matches) We even beat you in the Maracana, 1-0, in April,98. I have a video of that match, and at the end of the match 100,000 Brazilian fans started clapping, cheering and praising our great victory. I think that on July 26th, we'll have to remind Brazilian fans of exactly how superior we really are compared to the mediocre Brazilian team. I look forward to watching all the Brazilians in Morumbi cheering our great performance. Hey, maybe we can start selling Argentinean football jerseys to all of our loyal fans in Brazil :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Czar,
i also remamebr in 95 we beating you guys, with a 1x0 victory in Buenos Aires...Donizete scored!:)
in that game in 98, all you did was defend, defend and dfend, and with 5 minutes to go Lopez scored the goal.:(
About the shirts...don't bother, we have an allergy to them!:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The match in'98, was actually quite a dull affair. But, of the two teams, we were better. Also, we had more possesion of the ball and more goal scoring opportunities. It was a technical game in where both teams were cautious.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
In the HISTORY of Brazil-Argentina, the two teams are exactly even. Or at least they were, up until the pre-Olympic Under-23 game, which Brazil won with style, 4-2. I'm not sure if FIFA counts that in the overall series.

And Rivaldo should just shut up and PLAY! The way Brazil has been playing, none of them should be talking garbage or making any threats. There will be plenty of time to talk when the game is over.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
And, Czar, that 1-0 game for Argentina in May 1998 was one of the most boring games in history! So, if Argentina won it, who cares? The Brazilian fans were not clapping for Argentina because Argentina played so well; they were clapping for Argentina because they were disappointed and embarassed by Brazil's performance. That was one ugly game. I also have it on tape, but I've never watched it again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey, Czar, remember that game which Brazil won 4-2 in Porto Alegre? That was an absolutely brilliant performance by Brazil and should have won 6-2 or 7-2 if it werent for a ton of refereeing errors. Goals by Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and Rivaldo were all anulled wrongly, and two of those errors were glaringly clear. As the commentator Galvao says: "to win against Argentina, even in rock, paper, scissors, feels great" :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Falcao,
agree 100% with you:) but to slam those argies is ALWAYS good:)
Czar, you saw a differnet game then me....all I saw in the game of 98 was Brazil passing the ball in midfield and Argentina defend...both teams were crap, and you guys had the luck to score 5 minutes to the game to end, when Junior baiano lost that ball in the corner flag....typical Junior baiano style!:(
Inter Fan....even in a spitting contest aswell:):)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ze, Do you know if the Globo channel (US transmission) will be showing the match on the 26th? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO they wont czar, they only show club football:(
i'll have to go to a bar to see....the last game i saw in an argentinian bar full of uruguayns in south beach:(
this time i'll see it with my people:)
Falcao, tell czar were you see the games....make him sing:
"vai Brasil da um show, mete a bola na rede, e mata minha sede de gol...mais um, mais um.
vamo la selecao enche o meu coracao quero ser PENTA CAMPEAO!!:)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
czar, where are you? i'm in new york city. if you want to find out where to see the brazil games, email me: [email protected]

ze da fiel, mais um gol na rede? nao, amigo, contra a argentina, mais cinco ou seis!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
czar, i will be at Club Melao in astoria, queens, for brazil-paraguay on july 18. just look for the most handsome guy in the place.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
falcao, I live in Manhattan. What is the actual address of Club Melao? Since, I'm an Argentinean fan, could you tell me if the place would be made of mostly Brazilian fans or will there be some of us Argentinos there as well? Either way I really don't care, I just want to watch the match :)

Thanks, for all your help :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
falcao, I got the address of Club Melao, so there is no need to for you to post it. Do you know if this place televises all of Argentina's matches? Or are they simply showing only Brazilian qualifiers? I'll only be going there on July 26th to watch the Argentina vs Brazil match. I guess you'll be there as well on the 26th. Apart from Club Melao can you suggest any other places in Manhattan that might be showing Argentina's matches?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts