Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BARCELONA, May 22 (Reuters) - Barcelona‘s World Player of the Year Rivaldo said on Monday he was looking for a better financial deal from the club.

„In Italy there are various teams that are interested in me and that is going to force Barcelona to improve my contract,“ Rivaldo told Spanish reporters at Barcelona‘s El Prat airport.
The Brazilian striker was speaking on his way to Britain, where he will play this week in internationals against Wales and England.
Rivaldo has had running battles this season with Barcelona president Josep Lluis Nunez, who stands down in July, and former club coach Louis van Gaal, who resigned on Saturday.
„They (the club directors) have not treated me with love,“ Rivaldo said.
He used the threat of a move to Italy last summer to get an improved contract but in return he is now tied to Barcelona until 2002 -- and he has a buy-out clause of 15,000 million pesetas ($81.08 million) which even Italian clubs may baulk at.
However, Rivaldo has rarely been in top form this year. He publically complained van Gaal was playing him out of position and in response was dropped for two games by the Dutchman.
For the last two weeks the Barcelona-based media have been speculating that Rivaldo might be sold this summer.
Rivaldo joined Barcelona from Deportivo Coruna for $26.7 million in the summer of 1997, as a replacement for his compatriot Ronaldo who joined Inter Milan. ($1 5.00 Peseta).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts