Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
YOu should have read the thread about Rivaldo in Olympiakos

in which little me with help of some distinguished members described what happened to him there

The thread was called Samba in the port, moments of magic
His best match , IMHO , was the one in CL against Liverpool in Piraeus

The magic was there, definitely, but somehow modified , more mature

He was real leader in the field, iniciated almost all the "Jogadas" and even colaborated in marcaçao, He sweated his shirt all right, was a very "team player"

In the games when he was given he liberty of movement he was the best, when he was pushed to thre right wing (Why? being a canhoto?? Only the coach knows) he was a littel bit worse, but even on a bad day, Rivaldo saved pointds for his team, like winning the Classico against Panathinaikos with a FK in the style that many of you know ..

Returning to the a/m match against Liverpool, he has given many assists to some team mates who did not use them, expect one. A "passe de profundidad " for Okass , that was the only goal and the 3 points.

After some months, the group as a whole had a weak period, not his fault of course, (but yes Geovanni's which was a present-absent in many matches) He took this mediocre ream as far as he could. His last milimetric assist in a very crowded space as Fangio described in another thread, gave Oly the elimination of the french team where Santos aad Ilan play and I can not spell :eyepatch:

Afterwards happened to him, the same as in Barça- He was persuaded to play injured to ¨save the team¨ He should have known better (and his coach also) He had to leave the pitch, his club was humiliated by Newcastle, with the help of some terrible Spanish refferree which left Oly with nne but did not interfere when 3 of the English made a "goup foul" on Rivaldo when he was already on the ground

He did not play in England in the second match. the team was very much humiliated 4:0

They did not manage to do very good without him in the Greek League, and lost the lidership to ther rival Panathianikos

Anyway, the good news are , he apparently has recovered from the injury, played in a training match against some interior greek team, scored a beautiful goal from outside the area, and he seems fine

Not so fine,I would say. He should have been in a different place today. His place is with the other Pentacampeons , now in Montevideo

While seeing the last game, I missed him :heart: If Ronaldo is untouchable inspite his bad spell,and rightly so, RIvaldo should have given a chance too. His experience and growing under pressure could have improved the performances of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and even Kaka, In my humble opinion of course

But, Parreira does not know it, he has not seen him lately, he even does not give a chance to Alex which is there to take care of the caos which was the Brazilian game lately/

Rivaldo is a hard worker, never a problem for a coach (Only the condenado of VG)

Unfortunately, he was seldom lucky in his career. Did not come from Sao Paulo and was not in the right place in the right time. Had a bed spell and humiliation in Milan, exactly when his wife abandonde him and took away the children..

Life is like this, sometimes, i can only lament it

I am not very good at writing. I hope I gave you some prespective on the matter

·
Registered
116 Posts
Luz13 - your English was good enough. Tx for that update. It's been difficult for me to piece together information on Rivaldo. He's routinely been slighted in his career - in my opinion - since I began following him, Brazil and futebol in Copa99.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I have no access to Rivaldo's matchs lately. Based on my last his match (a long time ago) on away to Liverpool, he definitely deserved a seat at NT. In that game, he carried the team on his own. He made an intelligent FK. Besides this, do you remember he once dribbled with the ball from his own half to the edge of Poor's penalty area, at which he past three or four Pool's players? At the edge, he was brought down only by a disgusting foul. But I think he is not the Rivaldo anymore. Easily because of his age! A seat on the bench would be good enough. It is not bad to put him on when Fatnaldo plays poor. I'm sure he can contribute as he did at WC 02.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Geovanni is one of OSFP's worst players(when he starts they alwasy do badly). They do not have strikers that can finnish. I would not call them a mediocre team becaus they have a very good squad, just not strikes (this will most likely be fixed next year). And this is comming from me an AEKtzi. I fing hate OSFP but still give credit when its due.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
WELL, THANK YOU COVERT

Still, the points are obtained by goals, and it is very frustrating to see Oly play better than its rival (like lately against you) and than can not win because Okass cas score only against Jordan and Castoria

Eveuthing depends only of Rivaldo, and he does what he can, but imagine only what he could have done with normal strikers , which PAO has :eekani:

WE will see what happen in the semis of the Cup

If you can see Rivaldo playing you can report here

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Giovanni is worst than Okkas :( Much much worst, and so is Castillio... They kind of formed a little south American Clique with Rivaldo and it has caused some team problems (its better now). Rivaldo is a key player for OSFP but does not make their team. Djordjevic fills his role perfectly... The only problem is their striker situation.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Rivaldo (when fit) has to be the best player on the team hands down. He's older and much slower from his Barcelona but thats to be expected from a player in his 30's.
His touch and skill are still very considerable and he's slotted easily into the role of Attacking Midfield / Centre Forward very well.
Personally I love Giovanni as well but his performances have been not so good of late, although he scored 20+ goals last year. He's scored 9 goals in 20 appearances (17 starts) this season, so I wouldn't say he's our worst player. If Giovanni leaves in the summer, I hope that Rivaldo will stay, we (the fans) love him, he knows this but who knows whether he will stay for sure.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Good to hear that Rivo is back in form. Might be nice to see him in the NT one of these days, I'd take him over Ricardo Oliveira any day of the week.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Rivaldo has been doing good. One thing noone can blame him for is lack of effort, the guys bleeds the shirt out there. And he's ALWAYS showing up for the big games.

Giovanni on the other hand sucks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Marcus7 said:
Rivaldo (when fit) has to be the best player on the team hands down. He's older and much slower from his Barcelona but thats to be expected from a player in his 30's.
His touch and skill are still very considerable and he's slotted easily into the role of Attacking Midfield / Centre Forward very well.
Personally I love Giovanni as well but his performances have been not so good of late, although he scored 20+ goals last year. He's scored 9 goals in 20 appearances (17 starts) this season, so I wouldn't say he's our worst player. If Giovanni leaves in the summer, I hope that Rivaldo will stay, we (the fans) love him, he knows this but who knows whether he will stay for sure.
it is really great to hear such a thing :hopefull:
i hope rivaldo can stay top form for ever :flirt:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Marcus7 said:
it is really great to hear such a thing :hopefull:
i hope rivaldo can stay top form for ever :proud:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Today I have been looking around to find some material

about the secret pilgrimage ofRivaldo

As it was really secret, I did not find anything, but I found this instead

http://esportes.terra.com.br/mundial2006/interna/0,,OI523030-EI1773,00.html

It is really amazing to read what he is prepared to humble himself in order to be with the group of the next Mundial

He realy does everything except crawling and kissing Parreire's feet (I detest the idea)

It is entrañable for me at least, and also sad

Here is some key phrases

"Quero voltar nem que seja para ficar na reserva. Se eu pudesse jogar alguns minutos na Copa já seria ótimo",

and this:

"Há jogadores na minha posição que estão muito bem, como o Kaká e o Alex, mas o que eu quero mesmo é estar no grupo. Sei que estou esquecido, que é difícil voltar, mas acredito muito em mim e sei que tenho a confiança do treinador", comentou.

Well, I do not know about the "confiança do trainador"

He is too Kaka minded, even Alex deos not get his share

Anyway, only a miracle can help him now .. Maybe he will get one after his prayers in the Holy land and his week long talks with Dios :tongue:

I believe in Dios much more than in Pareira. you can laugh as long as you wish

I also believe in the following sentence that I found in a forum and am going to adapt

O Brasil é pior sem Rivaldo e melhor com ele

Do you think I have lost it? Maybe I did, but I have seen weirder signatures around, so why not stick to what I really believe in ?

At least if he does not have the confiana of sr. parreira he has mine (with all due modesty of course)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts