Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lazio demand £32 million plus Rivaldo Posted May 21, 2002 - 10:00 by Mattias

Barcelona president Joan Gaspart has been told it will cost him £32 million - plus Rivaldo - to sign Hernan Crespo from Lazio.

Gaspart has already held talks with Crespo's agent, Gustavo Mascardi and the two clubs will meet today to further discuss the move.

Trainer Louis van Gaal will meet with his technical committee this week to discuss Barcelona's squad.

Crespo, along with Inter Milan's Clarence Seedorf and Bordeaux goalkeeper Ulrich Rame, are all high on the Dutchman's shopping list.

Well if we can get Barcelona to make this offer I would be over the moon. I know that Rivaldo has a big ego, maybe he will demand high wage and all of this but pretty much we would be getting him for £8mil and the added fan base that we could get + all the jerseys sold.

There is no doubting Rivaldo's class and if Lopez is sold then I think a move for Rivaldo at such a cut down price would be great. Give him 3 years at Lazio. The other option is Kluivert. But I dont know if he can be trusted after his flop at Milan. Even though players learn Rivaldo is a must if we can get him at that price.

With £32mil + all the money from Mendieta, Lopez, SImeone etc we could strengthen the team very well.

--------------------------------

The only thing that concerns me with Rivaldo is his wage demands and how it will fit in with the salary cap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts