Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivaldo has admitted that he is tempted by offers from Serie A - but once more stated that it is up to Barcelona whether he stays or goes.

Rivaldo is currently the World and European Player of the Year, was subject of a massive transfer bid from Lazio midway through the last campaign.

However, Lzio appear to have decided not to follow up on their interest in the £40 million rated Rivlado, and have already used up a large portion of their transfer kitty in purchasing Parma striker Hernan Crespo.

Rivaldo admitted that the sale of Luis Figo has complicated his situation, and that if the club wish to sell him then he is tempted by the lure of suitors Milan and Juventus.

"The fans want me and, in all honesty, I would prefer to stay in Barcelona," said Rivaldo. "It doesn't matter that Gaspart won the election [to become Barcelona president], it is the club that decides these matters. I still have to wait for their opinion.

"People seem to want me to stay, and so do I, even though I am aware of the Italian temptations.

"I believe that the departure of Figo can complicate the eventuality of my leaving. But for now I must wait to see what the club decides. By Thursday I will be back in Barcelona and the situation will be more clear."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts