Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming for the sake of discussion that (i) Rivaldo is coming to Lazio and (ii) there is a serious possibility of a Superleague as early as the 2001-2002 season that does not include Lazio (at least initially), consider the following:

1. In a normal year I would expect Lazio to not make any major changes to its team but merely to do a little fine-tuning over the summer. Lazio already has a team that should do very well in Serie A and in the Champions League next year.

2. The Rivaldo deal as set out in the rumors is great as far as publicity/public relations/sponsorships goes, but seems very expensive in terms of the players Lazio would have to give up. I'll let you Laziali decide whether it is a good deal.

3. Could it be, however, that Cragnotti knows that the Superleague is a real possibility, knows that a Superleague is where the big money/prestige will be if it does happen, knows that Lazio is scheduled to be excluded (at least initially)from the Superleague, but also knows that it will be much more difficult to exclude Lazio if it has the "World's Greatest Player"? In other word, maybe next season is not a normal year - maybe it is Cragnotti's last chance to make Lazio too high profile to exclude from the Superleague.

What do you think?

Zen9

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't think this superleague is going to be made for some years.

FIFA has threatened that the players who takes part of the superleague won't be allowed to play the World Cup and European Championships.

I know that for some players it doesn't matter, but some players really care about their national team.

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that the Superleague can become true if people like Johansson don't start to look what they are saying. The G-14 is really powerful and if other companies such as Spain's Telefonica back the competition it may be coming true. It is said that Telefonica wants to propose a 16 team cup played instead of the CL and it would probable the G-14 teams and two others. Who knows, maybe Lazio is one of these 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts