Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivaldo's knee injury against Celta will put him put out of the match against Real Madrid and Barça will also miss Puyol due to injury.

On the other end, Real will miss Figo because he collected enough yellow cards not to play at the Nou Camp. They will also miss Morientes due to injury and perhaps even Zidane who injured his leg in the match against Russia.

Now I think we'll miss Rivo and Puyol more than they would miss Figo, Morientes and even the "Bald beauty". Our chances are reduced by at least 35% with those two out of action.

I think only a win with a 2 goal advantage can secure a safe trip to Madrid. Let' see what happens and hope for the best.

I'm sorry if someone already posted about the injuries. I don't have the time to read many posts.

Good luck Barça!!!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
We'll see. I just hope Kluivert and Cocu will be fit for Tuesday. That would cover up at least something of the gap Rivo will leave.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Del Bosque made the right dedcesion by letting Ziziou, Solari rest however Mori appears to be doubtful but he hasnt been too spectacular lately aways.
here's what I think Barca can expect.
GK. Cesar
RB. Salgado
CB. Hierro
CB. Pavon
LB. Roberto Carlos
DM. Makelele
DM. Helguera
M. Solari
M. Zizou
F. Raul
F. Guti

not sure how we line up but I imagine with 2 DM.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Puyol out for the next match is a big blow cause we needed a player at the back who could keep out such big names from running into the box. well Figo is out for the match i guess he did it on purpose cause i heard that after the last match he said he wouldnt want to play here again. well figo out REal may have some breathing space...... and it might be a blessing is disguise for real........... but rivo missing well we have players who can play i hisposition non like him but do the job but Pouyol is very important.......

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
what do you mean Rivo and Puyol are out? How will we beat those guys then? We really need Rivo. Yesterday I dreamt of Rivo scoring a free kick as we won 2-0. I think Barca need Rivo and Puyol more than Real need Helguera and Figo.:depress:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Puyul is without a doubt the biggest absentee since Rivo isn`t playing well at the moment he has been injured for a long time

When he plays the team attacks slowely and all players expects him to win the match Barca are a better team without him.

But ofcourse when he is fresh he is the best...

Cheers:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts