Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan coach Mancini made check on Riquelme
tribalfootball.com - March 3, 2006

Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini watched Villarreal ace Juan Roman Riquelme in action this week for Argentina against Croatia.
Mancini was impressed by the way he worked in tandem with Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso and is now seriously considering a move for the playmaker, who is also a major target for Manchester United.

Mancini wants Riquelme as a replacement for Juan Veron, who is expected to return to Argentina in the summer.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Mancini was impressed by the way he worked in tandem with Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso
hahaha they had one of their worst matches since time!!! hahah if he watch Roman in full form he propose marriage to him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i m not so sure if riquelme would fit this team...i would still prefer to have ballack if i had to choose...

·
18,041 Posts
Both are great, if Veron fits? Riquelme will do either.
Ballack overall has a more complete game, while Roman is superior in the offensive role and more flair.
Is a question of taste, but mainly of what Inter needs.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Carson35 said:
i m not so sure if riquelme would fit this team...i would still prefer to have ballack if i had to choose...
agree with you,cause for ballack,he would probably adapt to seria a,but i doubt that for riquelme...
he's got great vision on field,play,technic...but he don't run too much and that is important thing

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
The problem with riquelme would be that we would have to change the formation he won't work in a flat 4-4-2.

And there is nothing wrong with argentines.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
romario8 said:
their r other nationalities in the world mate.
I didn't say we should get just argentines. For me nationality doesn't matter as long as their good players I don't care were they come from. Heck they could come from mars for all I care.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well to be honest. I am honest about my feelings. And I'll say I'm of the opinion that Riquelme is overrated and pure garbage. Veron is even better than him, and Veron is very limited and slow as hell!

Riquelme- no to Inter. Not Inter-quality. More like Villareal or Deportivo La Coruna quality.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Would love him here. One of the best players in the world, and I think that is his "lack of pace" is an issue, he would have definately be prone to it being exposed in La Liga when you compare the style of play to Calcio.

Just my opinion.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Does someone have a better scouting report on Riquelme?

Pace:
Positioning:
Tackling:
Slow Play or Quick Play:
Through ball:
Aerial Ball
Corners/Set Pieces:
Short passing:
Heading (Scoring)
Shooting (Scoring) Near
SHooting (Scoring) Far
Good personality, team oriented?

·
18,041 Posts
Well to be honest. I am honest about my feelings. And I'll say I'm of the opinion that Riquelme is overrated and pure garbage. Veron is even better than him, and Veron is very limited and slow as hell!

Riquelme- no to Inter. Not Inter-quality. More like Villareal or Deportivo La Coruna quality.
Inter quality? Cauet? hahaha, every team had its bricklayers, in every moment.

Honesty won't save you from bad taste anyway, now you ask for an scout analysis? so you based your bad report on what?.Alca!!! hahahaha...

I tell you:

- The problem of Riquelme isn't lack of pace (and this is a problem also depending on what sort of player you want, when you want apples, just buy apples, don't try to change them in oranges, usuall stuff with many big clubs transfers).

- Isn't playing for big clubs in an strict lack of pitch pressure management (he wore the Boca t-shirt, and now the NT one). He plays as awesome as none existant in BOCA for instance in different periods.

- Is that he is a stubborn weirdo (a nice one you anyway won't like to have as enemy, call MAcri for Info).

This doesn't mean a team has to play to him like normally is wrongly said, is more that HIS way of playing is not negotiable. If you ask me? an error from him, but yeap also this weirdo has balls anyway to stand for his believes no matter what.

In Boca with both, Bilardo and Veira, he started great, they tried to change him of position, to make him play "like this", "like that", what happened? typical Riquelme reaction: "I play like this, you don't want me? I move aside, use another, I won't bother anymore", so he starts benching, or playing just normal, with no great participation.

BUT when a coach leaves him do what he knows to do in the pitch in regular basis, he can even ask him to change positions, to even make shadow to defend, etc...but he must have a sort of very close relationship with the coach.

Once a coach gains his trust, he breaks his arse for him to a level of almost father and son. Riquelme still has some sort of romantic, or amateur idea of the game, that will jeopardize any adaptation anywhere.

His needs outside the pitch SEEMS to be are as simple as he shows himself, time with his daughter, no fancy anything, no media surrounding, he just have to fell respect from the coach, his team mates; when some leg is missing? Riquelme will not be there, he is capable of leaving the game all of a sudden if he finds himself in such position.

I guess that in Inter with all the argies, with an offensive coach, he might not have any problem; but there comes his stubborn personality, so you never know with him. He is very loyal to his believes, and towards whom defend him.

The President of Villa promised him that he would buy him, that please he doesn't accept any offer when the last season ended. He received the offer of Bianchi (that is like his second father literally) millions from Aleti, a bigger club, etc..etc..and he manteined his word, and didn't accept. A perfect picture of him.

On strict football characteristics? Veron will always be an old guard 8 converted in playmaker, that still could do it in great form because of his abilities and personality. But as playmaker Riquelme is a way superior player; if you can cover his back, even in a day he will deliver three asists leaving the player alone with the keeper (today he did it, plus two goals, one an olympic one, and had a tremendous game still a bit injured and out of form).

He is an old argie/italian tre quartista, fantasista, but also nearer a Pirlo without defensive duties because of his lack of pace.
What Riquelme pays in the off role, is sthg that if he goes to Inter, finds his rythim, you will just love him...buying Ronaldo again? Ronie-Roman just to good to be true.
But anyway, Ronie is hated by you, and both aren't precise young, so perhaps is better a younger player, not even Ballack, who BTW is a great player too.

Long post, but I hope you are satisfy, and also are warned of what you may get if you buy him. Don't say I didn't told you, but don't buy the big club idea that he isn't made for them, or stuff like that in the sense of managing the pressure in the pitch.

What is YES VERY REAL, is that the dude can't stand all the politics surrounding the game of big clubs, that almost made him jeopardize his career in Boca; that made him had a bad period in Barca; and that in a more family club he now feels comfortable.

In that sense? YEAP totally right he will feel better out of big clubs, he is more a person of a house surround by family and friends with no media, than a Gucci, Ferrari, flash seeker; there si a risk there if he goes to Milano.

But overrated in poor football abilities, and what he already done? more like underrated.

But not in the pitch people, any crowd in teh world is a bunch of school girls beside teh Boca fans, and teh lunatic pressure on players here.

One thing is sure, if he adapts? if he feels like home? hahaha, dudes, you are going to fill Milano with statues of him.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Fangio said:
Inter quality? Cauet? hahaha, every team had its bricklayers, in every moment.

Honesty won't save you from bad taste anyway, now you ask for an scout analysis? so you based your bad report on what?.Alca!!! hahahaha...

I tell you:

- The problem of Riquelme isn't lack of pace (and this is a problem also depending on what sort of player you want, when you want apples, just buy apples, don't try to change them in oranges, usuall stuff with many big clubs transfers).

- Isn't playing for big clubs in an strict lack of pitch pressure management (he wore the Boca t-shirt, and now the NT one). He plays as awesome as none existant in BOCA for instance in different periods.

- Is that he is a stubborn weirdo (a nice one you anyway won't like to have as enemy, call MAcri for Info).

This doesn't mean a team has to play to him like normally is wrongly said, is more that HIS way of playing is not negotiable. If you ask me? an error from him, but yeap also this weirdo has balls anyway to stand for his believes no matter what.

In Boca with both, Bilardo and Veira, he started great, they tried to change him of position, to make him play "like this", "like that", what happened? typical Riquelme reaction: "I play like this, you don't want me? I move aside, use another, I won't bother anymore", so he starts benching, or playing just normal, with no great participation.

BUT when a coach leaves him do what he knows to do in the pitch in regular basis, he can even ask him to change positions, to even make shadow to defend, etc...but he must have a sort of very close relationship with the coach.

Once a coach gains his trust, he breaks his arse for him to a level of almost father and son. Riquelme still has some sort of romantic, or amateur idea of the game, that will jeopardize any adaptation anywhere.

His needs outside the pitch SEEMS to be are as simple as he shows himself, time with his daughter, no fancy anything, no media surrounding, he just have to fell respect from the coach, his team mates; when some leg is missing? Riquelme will not be there, he is capable of leaving the game all of a sudden if he finds himself in such position.

I guess that in Inter with all the argies, with an offensive coach, he might not have any problem; but there comes his stubborn personality, so you never know with him. He is very loyal to his believes, and towards whom defend him.

The President of Villa promised him that he would buy him, that please he doesn't accept any offer when the last season ended. He received the offer of Bianchi (that is like his second father literally) millions from Aleti, a bigger club, etc..etc..and he manteined his word, and didn't accept. A perfect picture of him.

On strict football characteristics? Veron will always be an old guard 8 converted in playmaker, that still could do it in great form because of his abilities and personality. But as playmaker Riquelme is a way superior player; if you can cover his back, even in a day he will deliver three asists leaving the player alone with the keeper (today he did it, plus two goals, one an olympic one, and had a tremendous game still a bit injured and out of form).

He is an old argie/italian tre quartista, fantasista, but also nearer a Pirlo without defensive duties because of his lack of pace.
What Riquelme pays in the off role, is sthg that if he goes to Inter, finds his rythim, you will just love him...buying Ronaldo again? Ronie-Roman just to good to be true.
But anyway, Ronie is hated by you, and both aren't precise young, so perhaps is better a younger player, not even Ballack, who BTW is a great player too.

Long post, but I hope you are satisfy, and also are warned of what you may get if you buy him. Don't say I didn't told you, but don't buy the big club idea that he isn't made for them, or stuff like that in the sense of managing the pressure in the pitch.

What is YES VERY REAL, is that the dude can't stand all the politics surrounding the game of big clubs, that almost made him jeopardize his career in Boca; that made him had a bad period in Barca; and that in a more family club he now feels comfortable.

In that sense? YEAP totally right he will feel better out of big clubs, he is more a person of a house surround by family and friends with no media, than a Gucci, Ferrari, flash seeker; there si a risk there if he goes to Milano.

But overrated in poor football abilities, and what he already done? more like underrated.

But not in the pitch people, any crowd in teh world is a bunch of school girls beside teh Boca fans, and teh lunatic pressure on players here.

One thing is sure, if he adapts? if he feels like home? hahaha, dudes, you are going to fill Milano with statues of him.

Thanks for youre report, and as for your comment, I don't regularly watch Villareal or Argentina matches, so I needed a more on-target analysis. But I have seen him play a lot before, and I have a right to have an opinion on him.

·
Registered
43,800 Posts
Great post, Fangio. As you said, it is hard to predict how Romy will adapt to Inter. But if he does, he can certainly make this a truly killer team.

Another thing: after watching Riquelme play, I could never see him play another role besides the free-role attacker. And that is the role he should play if he comes here (in the deep-lying position of course).

1 - 20 of 163 Posts