Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
we dont need another player to slow down our play, we already have a few of those..

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, you need a player who with a single stroke of vision could have made it 4-3. 15 minutes was enough time for your boys to get that crucial goal...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
JRR wouldn't have made a difference today, maybe someone other than Gerard or Oleguer maybe.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ronaldinho and etoo up front and riquelme behind them CL...is barca's

ronaldinho & riquelme.... how would any team stop them? if they stop riquelme then ronaldinho is home free and the other way around... it would be too much... and barca has a chance to make that happen they are both barca players...

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
KnoccOut said:
ronaldinho and etoo up front and riquelme behind them CL...is barca's

ronaldinho & riquelme.... how would any team stop them? if they stop riquelme then ronaldinho is home free and the other way around... it would be too much... and barca has a chance to make that happen they are both barca players...
I really, really don't think Ronaldinho and Roman can play on the same team.

And Barcelona is better off with Gaucho. :thmbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think they probably could play on the same team and I think it'll be a pity when he leaves Barcelona. I also think he'd give Rijkaar a lot more options as far as varying his formations and so on and would give him the option of resting Ronaldinho or Deco more often. All in all I think he'd be great for Barcelona.

Having watched a good few of Barcelona's recent games I definitely think that, after the backline has been sorted out, Rijkaard should try and think about how he can organise his formations so that they're better able to break down teams that defend well. I just think that when teams defend deep Barcelona get problems and, dare I say it, a few more crosses into the box might be a good idea (for Lopez or Larsson to head in, once he's back ofcourse).

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
NO!

This is Barca, or as close as to the spirit of what Barca represent :) If you want to win the CL, play for Real or Milan. If you want to play the most beautiful football in the world... :proud: Ronnie and Roman would be incredible. Truly incredible.

Still Nesta or Woodgate ( ;) ) instead of Oleguer or Gerard would be pretty nice :)

:cry:

·
Registered
339 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter I agree, to some extent atleast. The defence needs strengthened BUT I also think things up front could improve.

Now I know this sounds silly considering the amount of goals Barcelona can score but against the well organise high quality defences of the big teams in Europe I think that your attack will sometimes have trouble. Considering all the possession you guys get I would like to see you create more clear scoring opportunities, maybe that'll mean changing the way you play if your not making a breakthrough in a game.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
colinjack said:
ViscaBarcaInter I agree, to some extent atleast. The defence needs strengthened BUT I also think things up front could improve.

Now I know this sounds silly considering the amount of goals Barcelona can score but against the well organise high quality defences of the big teams in Europe I think that your attack will sometimes have trouble. Considering all the possession you guys get I would like to see you create more clear scoring opportunities, maybe that'll mean changing the way you play if your not making a breakthrough in a game.
It's definitely a point, we only play one way and sometimes it can be difficult for us to break teams down. But I feel we could alter our attacking in other ways, such as more height for corners and free-kicks, or better wide players. Getting more crosses into the box would be useful for us, but we'd need to play both Maxi and Larsson when fit for that to work.

Still, I'm sure Roman's passing could be useful somewhere :D:D:D

·
Registered
339 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
It's definitely a point, we only play one way and sometimes it can be difficult for us to break teams down. But I feel we could alter our attacking in other ways, such as more height for corners and free-kicks, or better wide players. Getting more crosses into the box would be useful for us, but we'd need to play both Maxi and Larsson when fit for that to work.

Still, I'm sure Roman's passing could be useful somewhere :D:D:D
I agree completely to be honest and I hope Rijkaard thinks the same way, hooray for beautiful football but hooray for Barcelona getting the job done on the days when beautiful footbal isnt working.

I guess my thinking on Riquelme is just that he is a class class act and that it would be great for Barcelona if, should things not be going to plan, Rijkaard could use him to drive a change in the game. One thing that is odd for me is to see the class players in a lot of other Spanish teams and see that they come from Barcelona. I kinda know that some players just dont fit in at a team but I'm not convinced he cant fit in to Rijkaard's team (ofcourse if he had an EU passport....).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Roman and Dinho together could be a option to consider. But something that I realize is that Riquelme almost only have sucess when the team look for him in almost every play. He needs to be the main option to suceed. Thoughts?

Ivan

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
If one of our players is able to get an EU passport, then I'd welcome Riquelme to come back, but only if he takes a paycut too.

·
Registered
658 Posts
riquelme back to barca, another slow paced nonphysical player is what we need right enough.

julio baptista anyone ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well from the sounds of it you've seen more of him than me, but if I were in charge of Barcelona I think I'd bring him back in the summer and give him some time to adapt. If by the following summer he hadnt been able to adapt then they could sell him on no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts