Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
I saw Peter Osgood several times for Chelsea and he usually played superbly, especially againt Leeds. He formed part of an excellent generation of players like Charlie Cooke, Alan Hudson, Peter Bonetti and co. Now that was pure glamour.
His mere four England caps were nothing short of a joke considering his quality.
Rest in peace Peter. The football world is a worse place without you.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Rip

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Very sad, my dad always used to go on about him as he was one of his favs as a kid, despite being a Spurs man.

RIP Peter Osgood.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The circumstances are just awful, imagine what the family are going through, as if it's not bad enough with one family member dead, just as your burying him, another one goes, that's got to be the worst thing that could ever happen.

RIP!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some tributes from players past and present taken from Chelseafc.com:

“You don’t get called the King of Stamford Bridge for nothing. He was a tall guy who could head goals but he had so much grace, skill and ability. He was as important to Chelsea as George Best was to Man United. He turned it on in the big occasions. People like him with exceptional talent, they do that. That is why they are so special.”
- Former team-mate Peter Bonetti

“He is a massive loss because all the things we put together, he finished them off. The fans love him and we loved him because he put them in the back of the net. I can remember him running the length of the field at Burnley with everybody trying to whack him and he just rolled it in the back of the net.”
- Former team-mate John Hollins

“My favourite memories are of him as a young lad when he first came on the staff at Chelsea and he was one of the most exciting players I have ever seen. He fulfilled the ability he had. A great lad, he has been a personal friend for the best part of 38 years.”
- Former team-mate and captain Ron Harris

“We signed him at half-time in a youth team match. We didn’t let him go out for the second-half. He so outstanding it wasn’t true and we were scared stiff someone else would snap him up. He went from strength to strength, a naturally gifted young man. Osgood was good. Osgood was great. He got better and better over time. He was exceptional.”
- Former manager Tommy Docherty

“Not only was he a fantastic footballer but he was a fantastic man as well. He was always about the club and I know the fans adored him. Anything that was written about the current team, he was always backing us. We got on great. It is a terrible loss.”
- Current Chelsea captain John Terry

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
when he was at Stamford Bridge the other week he looked superbly fit and well, just shows that you never know when your time is up. :depress:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts