Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Egy par edrekess dolgot tudtam meg az egyik legismertebb Magyar jatekosrol... aki a kommunizmus aldozatakent nem lephetett fel sokszor a vallogatoban.
Az Inter Milan egykori klasszisa (48-54), aki az orok gollovo lista elejen van jelen immar 25 eve Szerbiaban el. Nemreg jelent meg vele egy riport egy idevalosi ujsagban, ahol leirja kalandos palyafutasat, es beszamol par emlekezetes merkozeserol.

Kulonleges szerencsem volt, hogy megismerhettem Nyers urat, ugyanis pont ebben a varosban el ahol en is. Fantasztikus elmeny volt! Kaptam tolle par alairt kepet, konyvet, meg lehet hogy meg a regi interes mezet is elkapom majd :)
Minden esetre megirtam ezt, gondoltam erdekes lesz, remelem egy paran emlekeznek meg "stefano nyers"re !

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I posted that confused smiley because I was surprised to see Zio write in Hungarian, thought he was 'just' a Serb :D

But.. you can continue laughing 'cause I really don't understand anything of that :tongue:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I live in Subotica. We spoke on Hungarian... But he speaks more fluidly on Italian :)
Do you know that when he went to ST Etienne to play football he was stripped of his hungarian nationality? dirty communists !!

he has serbian citizenship now !

monte, WTF bout being "just" a serb? are you racist or what?
mogu ja tebi i srpski al posto sam u madjarskom forumu... a ne mora svako da zna srpski.....

·
Registered
80,194 Posts
Zio -2- said:
Do you know that when he went to ST Etienne to play football he was stripped of his hungarian nationality? dirty communists !!

he has serbian citizenship now !
No I didn't know that :mad: What a legend! :cool: How great he lives in your hometown. That must be really great for an Inter fan!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Zio -2- said:

monte, WTF bout being "just" a serb? are you racist or what?
mogu ja tebi i srpski al posto sam u madjarskom forumu... a ne mora svako da zna srpski.....

:confused: huh? No relax man :D :tongue:

What I meant to say with 'just' a Serb was that I didn't expect you to know Hungarian as well! Cause your profile says you live in Serbia, it came as a surprise to see you write in Hungarian. (Didn't know you were in Vojvodina of course :) )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well over here its normal that ppl speak at least 3 languages... Of course there are "primitives" here too ...

No prob... I still don't understand thou what "just" serb means...

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Zio -2- said:

No prob... I still don't understand thou what "just" serb means...

Ok :D Let me try to explain why I said that once again. Yesterday I saw your post in the Deki Stankovic thread, and I saw your location. So I thought of you as being simply a Serb. But, when I saw this post written in Hungarian by you today I assumed you weren't simply a Serb, but a Serb of (partly?) Hungarian origin. Because I thought Serbs in Vojvodina, without Hungarian origin, don't know Hungarian as well as you do.
But maybe I am wrong? :confused:

ps
hungaria, if you read this, you were right! I do confuse people :pp :cool:

·
Registered
80,194 Posts
What a great interview it was!

He said his all time fave player was Alfredo Di Stefano. He really song his praises. Szepesi asked him about his fave Hungarian player, he said Gera "nemrossz!" (not bad) :) I think he also wanted to mention Torghelle but couldn't remember his name. From the current world players he said Zidane.

He doesn't like Vieri "don't mention him!" he said quite angrily
maybe he has been watching his recent performances ;)

He says you should have seen Vieri's dad play. "The ball cried when he kicked it away!"

Another thing that made me warm to him when Szepesi said Serbia or Serb he immediately said "Yugoslav"? Which is something the guys that came over here in 56 do here also. If I say Ukrainian they say Soviet. I dunno why that is. Don't they watch the news? :)

He says he really likes it in Subotica but regularly flies to Italy via Budapest's Ferihegy airport.

I missed the first 5 mins but I have it recorded. Hopefully it will show some footage of him in action. The rest of the interview just had pics.

·
Registered
80,194 Posts
He was a very special player and man. Sometimes I think to myself what would of happened in the 1954 world cup if the communists didn't take his citizenship away from him. Sebes wanted him in the team and he wanted to play :depress:

He was a legend, he scored 133 goal in 182 games for Inter.
He won 2 scudettos with them and he was also Hungarian champion twice.

Only 6 players in the history of Serie A scored over 30 goals a season and Pisti bácsi managed it twice!!

Nyugodj békében Pisti bácsi! - Soha nem felejtünk el !!

·
Registered
80,194 Posts

Pista bácsi explains how he transferred to Inter.

He said the scout told them "When he has the ball. We can't see anything, because everyone jumps up!"

Pista bácsi "In the first match I scored 2 or 3 goals. I was gól Király!"
I loved playing football. It was my life.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'd be interested to learn more about Nyers career. Sounds as if he should have been playing along side Puskas and co. and would have made the difference.

·
Registered
80,194 Posts
I wish you could understand this interview. He spoke at length about his career. Playing with and against greats such as Di Stefano, Kubala, Puskás and Pelé. He was going to play at Wembley in one of them "all star" games with Puskás and Di Stefano but Inter would not let him play in ase he got injured.

In the Aranycsapat team we had 3 world class midfielders Bozsik, Czibor and Hidegkuti. The other was either Budai (who played the the 6-3) or Tóth. Budai and Tóth were good but not world class. Nyers played on the left of midfield but was right footed, but Czibor played on the left at time and sometimes on the right (as he did for Barca. Czibor was ambidextrous). So we had to players who could play on either wing.

------------------------Grosics-----------------------
Buzánszky----Zakariás-----------Lóránt---------Lantos
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------Bozsik------------------------
Czibor-------------------------------------------Nyers
-----------------------Hidegkuti----------------------
-------------Kocsis------------------Puskás----------

This would of been the greatest team ever! :)

In his career Nyers also played for Roma and Újpest!
and even was at Barcelona!

more info here
http://www.internazionale.hu/fan/nyers/nyers.htm
and here
http://www.interfc.it/Gallery/Nyers.asp

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi people.. yesterday at 12 Nyers Istvan was burried in the local cementery here, in Subotica. He was verry ill the last couple of months. He was a very good player, and a very nice man. I had the pleasure to know him, we'll miss him.
RIP grande nerrazzuro Nyers Istvan!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts