Xtratime Community banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
Before I actually met him, I remember one night in “la capital”, I took a taxi and the driver and I started discussing Maradona. He told me he knew Maradona that night was at “Cocodrilo”, a night club/brothel which he frequented often. I told the driver to take me there immediately. When we got there the bouncer told us Diego had just left.

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,049 Posts
Rest in peace to an absolute rockstar of a footballer.
Diego's love and passion for football is something you are born with, the passion he showed even as an audience member, can make everyone interested in the game.
Read somewhere, that Diego once said that he wouldn't mind getting his marriage white suit dirty if he saw a muddy football coming to him, he would chest it regardless. Just sums up the man and his love for the ball. And as been said about billion times by million people, what he did with the ball was just unreal, if the ball could speak, it would probably utter the word, "Diego".

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hola Fangio. :D What a coincidence, about Redondo I was going to write (instead of well bred) "panache, as Fangio would say." Didn't quite fit though, panache would be Firdy level, I suppose.
😁 I've might have used that word from time to time...Firdaus doesn't speak nor write anymore, he has another 20 lawyers to do such trivial things

·
Registered
199 Posts
Fangio! Mira vos, hace mucho tiempo. Te olvidaste viejo! Lo mencione una vez y respondiste “Te encontraste una rubia de Adrogue” 😀

Pretty sure the link I posted shows the correct location.
No me acordaba jaja. A esa Parri creo que no fui nunca, a la que se llamaba Estancia Chica si fui y despues le habían puesto un nombre parecido al que mencionaste. La veo como muy nueva ala que encontarste el link, pero al mismo tiempo hace siglos que no voy por Zona Sur, es mas este Sábado voy a una Reunión que se hace en Temperley, después de siglos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rest in peace to an absolute rockstar of a footballer.
Diego's love and passion for football is something you are born with, the passion he showed even as an audience member, can make everyone interested in the game.
Read somewhere, that Diego once said that he wouldn't mind getting his marriage white suit dirty if he saw a muddy football coming to him, he would chest it regardless. Just sums up the man and his love for the ball. And as been said about billion times by million people, what he did with the ball was just unreal, if the ball could speak, it would probably utter the word, "Diego".
It was a Valdano story, he make a bet with Jorge that if he threw a ball to the jounalists they would use their hands to grab it instead of their chest because they do not love football.
Diego threw the ball and a journo grabbed it with his hand and retuned it with his hands too...Valdano teasing him, told him "poor guy, he was afraid of you, he didn't dare to control it with his chest and kick it to Maradona"...and Diego replied that it was a lame excuse, because if he was at the Pink House with the President wearing tuxedo and somebody threw him a ball full of mud, he will control it with his chest and slammed it like God himself demands.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Before I actually met him, I remember one night in “la capital”, I took a taxi and the driver and I started discussing Maradona. He told me he knew Maradona that night was at “Cocodrilo”, a night club/brothel which he frequented often. I told the driver to take me there immediately. When we got there the bouncer told us Diego had just left.
Coco!! que tiempos!!, now I know why the Adrogue girl is an ex 😁

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
No me acordaba jaja. A esa Parri creo que no fui nunca, a la que se llamaba Estancia Chica si fui y despues le habían puesto un nombre parecido al que mencionaste. La veo como muy nueva ala que encontarste el link, pero al mismo tiempo hace siglos que no voy por Zona Sur, es mas este Sábado voy a una Reunión que se hace en Temperley, después de siglos.
Encontré unas fotos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The very name itself, 'Maradona' is world-class in itself for visual-audial aesthetics, it's truly beautiful and mesmerizing with a blissful quasi-religeousity, 'Maradona', stunningly glamorous, 'Maradona', it's a godly last name, people don't forget it when they see it or hear it if they follow the sport and know it's greatness. How 'Maradona' ran the full hard 70 yard distance, weaving, squeezing, passing only to himself on that wonderously dodging mythical run eluding seven English defenders to score at the climaxed pinnacle moment past the sliding Shilton, crackerjack magic! His "Hand of God" goal absolute crackerjack luck, both done in the same huge match.

'Maradona', a very good to excellent game player, a bona fide master, a 20th Century myth, without exception has the greatest and most glamorous name in the sport's history. Truth. May the Gods rest his soul in serene peace and long fond good memories and times.

Szovkap, a real modern 20th Century myth has passed, November 25th, you know what day that was?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The very name itself, 'Maradona' is world-class in itself for visual-audial aesthetics, it's truly beautiful and mesmerizing and glamorous, 'Maradona', it's a godly last name, people don't forget it when they see it or hear it if they follow the sport and know it's greatness. How Maradona ran the full 70 yard distance, weaving, squeezing, passing only to himself on that wonderous dodging mythical run eluding seven English defenders to score at the climaxed pinnacle moment past the sliding Shilton, crackerjack magic! His "Hand of God" goal absolute crackerjack luck, both done in the same huge match.

'Maradona', a very good to excellent game player, a bona fide master, a 20th Century myth, without exception has the greatest and most glamorous name in the sport's history. Truth. May the Gods rest his soul in serene peace and long memories.

Szovkap, a real modern 20th Century myth has passed, November 25th, you know what day that was?
Actually his name Diego too and his LOOKS, that rebel afro hair, his stocky figure..with a naughty and angelic face at the same time or even a Che Guevara look with his beard in his troubled Barca period.

I don't mean good looking in a Marzolini movie star way, or even Redondo's pretty girl face or Dybala's boy band look, more like the next door naughty boy, un atorrante.
That was likeable too, when you think about the Greatest, the very upper echelon, they don't have the Maradona look. Not even his football Dads like Garrincha, Sivori or Rivelinho or his son Ronaldinho. Nor Pele, Eusebio, or R9 were Jordan or Ali good looking alike. Or Di Stefano that already was born old and looking like an old Tango singer. And so on..

There was also that element of his looks that made him more closer, more likeable, Messi has a dorky look (Cryuff and Zico his Fathers too) with the standard footballer haircut of nowadays (that is why I like the beard or long hair Messi), CR even being a handsome fella, too much gel, excessivly tidy.

The only one that I can think now that shares that department is the other naughty Rock Star Georgie Best, another of Messi's fathers in style. Of course Best, could have been movie star too, he had the Marzolini look with Diego's attitude and rebel hair.

And yet Diego's looks and rock star (for the good and bad) attitude came in hand with that extra NO FEAR venom tongue, it wasn't just party like Georgie or Mane, he right or wrong almost allways talk without a cassete, very much like Ali or the another iconic looking fella called Socrates, they expressed what they felt and compromise with opnions beyond football.

Going back to looks, it's notorius how the substance abuse changed even his aspect, that angelic, nagughty and affectionate boy from the slums had anger in his eyes, he lost that angelic face, he still was there struggling, he still was football, but a lot can be tell during his carrer in how he looked in different periods.

In any case he looked like football itself or he simply made me and a bunch of others think: this is what Football MUST LOOK....the chicken or the egg, right now I don't know..

·
Registered
62,179 Posts
The very name itself, 'Maradona' is world-class in itself for visual-audial aesthetics, it's truly beautiful and mesmerizing with a blissful quasi-religeousity, 'Maradona', stunningly glamorous, 'Maradona', it's a godly last name, people don't forget it when they see it or hear it if they follow the sport and know it's greatness. How 'Maradona' ran the full hard 70 yard distance, weaving, squeezing, passing only to himself on that wonderously dodging mythical run eluding seven English defenders to score at the climaxed pinnacle moment past the sliding Shilton, crackerjack magic! His "Hand of God" goal absolute crackerjack luck, both done in the same huge match.

'Maradona', a very good to excellent game player, a bona fide master, a 20th Century myth, without exception has the greatest and most glamorous name in the sport's history. Truth. May the Gods rest his soul in serene peace and long fond good memories and times.

6-3 day of course

·
Registered
112 Posts
Biggest football icon of all time. Considered the greatest ever by many on the pitch, and had crossover appeal off the pitch that was probably unmatched. Synonymous with football from 86 and well into the late 90s, even after he had declined severely as a player.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts