Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
It seems his older daughter died too. Terribly sad news.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
RIP

Never really like Kobe as a player. I mean he was obviously one of the greatest to ever step on the court, but I always disliked him and his style. The ego and everything. Was never my cup of tea.

I can't claim to know the person, and there is the shadow of the sexual assault case over his legacy as a public figure.

But I think in retirement a new version of Kobe appeared, a mentor to the younger players, a basketball nerd and overall as a family man and a loving father. And I don't say this because of the incident, but over the last year or so and even as recently as last week seeing him with his daughter being a father/mentor and just listening to him on the talk shows talking about his daughters and you could see in his face what it meant to him and I could relate to all that (I have two daughters) and I had done a complete 180 on Kobe. I found him extremely likable and looked forward to seeing to more of him.

It was weird the last couple of days, as the incident affected more than I think it should, as I don't know the man personally. But the incident and his daughter being with him. I don't how to put it into words, but it's just terrible what happened to him and what a devastating loss to his family.

·
Registered
33,929 Posts
Yeah the vids of him talking tactics with her and then the way he was talking about her on a talk show really hit hard. ☹

1 - 9 of 9 Posts