Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio Ferdinands agent Pini Zahavi has spoken out over the recent speculation of the player being contacted by Chelsea.

The 26 year old has two years left on his current deal at old trafford.

Pini Zahavi went on 2 say, "if he doesnt sign a new deal he will leave 2 play abroad, which has always been one of his ambitions"

i dont want Rio 2 go he has been imense since he signed for us, but even if he does sign a new deal he may still b lured abroad by the likes of real madrid. :nono: :moan:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
yeah, if he were to go abroad he belongs in a classy team like AC milan.. God theyre a friggin good team

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I think that it's not OK that great players form big clubs, change big teams in same league.. I dont want him to leave, but if he wants to, it ok to go to spain or italy, but not Chelsea or Arsenal ( I know thet lets say Terry is good, but it would be a bit, well wrong for me if he chose to sign for Man Utd, or Arsenal ( Im not saying hes leaving chelski, thats just an example ))

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Bullet Tooth said:
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=56765&idSez=1

Highly unlikely especially considering hes desire to go abroad, but still...

I heard somewhere that Lampard and Rio are big friends. Is that true? They both come from West Ham, so its not that big of a surpise if they are.
Don't you remember the crap they used to get upto? They were great mates, Lampard had a falling out with west ham over selling him as he knew Rio was class. Part of the reason he left too.

I seriously doubt he is going to Chelsea anytime soon. I believe he was quoted saying that London was a bad influence on his career and that it was for the best that he left since he was clubbing so much. Besides, that article was ridiculous. Terry supporting Man U? The guy won't shut up about turning Man U down to be with the club he loved, that had taken care of him. He is Captain, on his way to win the premiership by a huge gap and doing better in Europe. Very silly writing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Terry is fan of United, but there is no chance he will join us...
He may like United as a kid, but hes a pro now, captain of the team, that can offer more money then United, + they dont need to sell him...
I doubt he will come to Roman and say, yeah I like United, sell me to them...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I laughed my ass out reading this article too, i just wanted to share it ;)

As for Rio`s staying, I think he is going nowhere, now stating he wants to be a captain of United after Keanos retirement. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullet Tooth said:
As for Rio`s staying, I think he is going nowhere, now stating he wants to be a captain of United after Keanos retirement. :thumbsup:

that is gd :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
he better stay.... united showed him unrivalled loyalty and support during the darket part of his career..bout time he paid some of it back..

that zahavi guy is a crafty f*cking bastard.... i dont trust him one bit

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Saturday, April 16, 2005

Rio wants new contract and captaincy

Rio Ferdinand insists he has no intention of leaving Manchester United - and would like to replace Roy Keane as captain when the Irishman retires.

Ferdinand: Chance meeting (AlexLivesey/GettyImages)

Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger yesterday became unusual allies as both cast aspersions over Ferdinand's 'chance meeting' with Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon in a London restaurant.

Ferguson described the meeting as 'at least ill-advised', but Ferdinand has reiterated his desire to stay at Old Trafford in the long term.

The England defender told The Sun: 'I've said everything about that meeting. It wasn't planned and I don't want to leave. In fact my big ambition is to be captain of this club. It is one of the things you dream about as a kid.

'For me it does not get bigger than leading this club, which is one of the most famous in the world. It would be the most fantastic honour.'

The Blues insisted on Tuesday night that they had no plans to make a transfer swoop for the England defender, declaring: 'Both the player and Manchester United are fully aware of the circumstances of the meeting and Chelsea's position on it.'

However, with Chelsea already under investigation following an alleged attempt to poach Ashley Cole from Arsenal, Ferguson and Wenger refused to let the issue drop.

United boss Ferguson said: 'The club has accepted Chelsea's explanation? Well, that may be someone else's view, but it's certainly not mine.

'I've not been over-encouraged by Peter Kenyon's words that he does not want to sign Rio.

'For a chief executive of a Premier League club - with the recent history they have had - to sit in a restaurant like that is amazing.

'I don't know if it's contempt or whether he is thumbing his nose at us or what. I just don't know.

'I'd say that it was, at least, ill-advised. Therefore, we will leave the matter with the football authorities.

'We're discussing it here and I think the Premier League are aware of it.

'My concern is for our supporters. I just want to let them know the club are not happy. It's an issue we are discussing.'

Arsenal manager Wenger also responded in a cynical manner when asked about the incident, declaring 'it looks like a film we've seen already'.

Wenger added: 'I don't know if it really happened like it happened with Ashley Cole. First of all, a club should not be involved in any kind of incident.

'I respect what Chelsea are doing on the pitch but I expect them to behave and respect the rules off the pitch, like everyone else.'

Ferguson is at least confident Ferdinand will soon pledge his future to United by signing an extension to his current contract, which still has over two years to run.

It is understood the England international, his agent Pini Zahavi, United chief executive David Gill and club solicitor Maurice Watkins were involved in serious discussions at the Red Devils' Carrington training ground yesterday, which appeared to have inched the possibility of a new contract slightly closer.

'I must say that I don't blame Rio. I believe what he's telling me,' said Ferguson. 'If he was enticed to that meeting, I do not know, but I believe he'll sign a contract and he'll stay here.'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts