Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank Rijkaard won't excersize the option in his contract that allows him to leave this summer. His currnet contract will keep him at our beloved club at least until the summer of 2007. Also Laporta won't quit office, so it seems there's a good atmosphere within the club :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Great news for Barça. I like Rijkaard, I think that he's a good coach and he has understood really well the phylosophy of the club. He has cold blood in the good and in the bad moments. He didn't start well last year, but he did the tactical changes that we needed to change that situation and, at the end, of the season I finished with a smile in the face. Since January 2004, Barça is doing great.

I had doubts about him, but he has earned all the respect of the fans. Let's see if he finishes his job and we win the title 6 years later.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Oh so he won't quit his job coaching the best team in Spain and players like Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi ( ;) ) and Puyol? :eek:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Politician said:
Oh so he won't quit his job coaching the best team in Spain and players like Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi ( ;) ) and Puyol? :eek:
He doesn't earn that much and I've read somewhere that Ajax wanted him.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
good news for FCB. :thmbup:
i like Rijkaard as a person and as a coach,he established a stong link between him and the players and that's why the players are all united and there's a good atmosphere in the club. :cap:

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
frankie rijkaard has got a cool head man.............and he is a great gentleman...........the type that is q8 rare in football.............we need him at the reins gor quite sometime...........i just hope laporta doesn't make stupid mistakes like nunez after we have won quite a few titles............

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks that a coupla leaves is what keeps him calm through all the adrenaline rushing moments throughout a season ? Ive never seen him get all excited except perhaps when we scored at the Bernabeau last season.

Anyways he's done real wonders with our team. I still remember the criticism he got when he played 3 DMs in the league match against RM in the Nou Camp in Nov. 2003. Seems just like yesterday that day. Goes to show how thoroughly we've enjoyed the football he has made the players play since Jan 2004. May we get to see the same attacking and flowing football from our club for many years to come and may he stay at the job for many many years.

Thank you Rijkaard.

·
Registered
520 Posts
husain_14 said:
Am I the only one that thinks that a coupla leaves is what keeps him calm through all the adrenaline rushing moments throughout a season ?
HAHAHAHAHAHA Man you and the ganja.....I have to give it up to you, I never thought true love existed till I started reading about your grandiose affection for that one special plant ;) :D

Oh yea..good job Rijkaard.

·
Registered
287 Posts
In Rijkaard we trust...He's doing a good job currently and i wish him to be more successfull in the future...
Btw you guys...He even has his own site...

http://www.frankrijkaard.net/mainpage.htm

Here are a one of a question answered by Rijkaard....

Albert Maciá Alcaide/ España:

Why does not Ronaldinho plays in the centre instead of the left side, where he would have more freedom of movement?

Frank:

Ronaldinho has in fact the freedom of playing where he thinks he will fit better. In our way of playing, that works out o.k. That is exactly the reason why, when Ronaldinho is playing from the left side going to the middle, the surprise will be often for our left defense players (Sylvinho, Giovani) coming from the back.
Ronaldinho is also satisfied with his position. I agree with you that if one of the most important players of the team indicates that he is not happy with his place, a coach should take that in thought. But this is not the case of our situation.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
This is good news for Barça. Seems like the rumours about the board of directors being a 'snakepit' and people looking to replace Rijkaard with Scolari are untrue then.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
dude it was koeman's decision and he decided to stay at ajax and we all know how much he loved barca and what he did here.............regarding ajax.................they have a great history with rijkaard and they just make an enquiry and i am sure rijkaard will politely refuse the offer as he is set for bigger and better things at the noucamp..........
so lets not bleed ajax..............

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Sorry I've been out of the loop for the past week or so about this situation, but what about Ten Cate? Did Ajax find a new coach?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blind has become the new Ajax-coach....

And the source I found was voetbalonline.nl....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts