Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dares to challenge this? Rijkaard had better pre-match tactics and better match-tactics.

Mourinho is so limited, he simply can't play attacking :googly:

Rijkaard is a better coach than Mourinho.

>>>

·
Banned
1,688 Posts
Mourinho won dhe CHL and UEFA with one poor FC Porto, o dude, not with Ronaldinho, cuz if Mourinho have one R10, he will win everythink. Is not better Rajkaard than Mourinho, is better Ronaldinho than all CSKA London, this is the point dude.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Mourinho is definitely limited, he sets up his team in a defensively organised way superbly but he is very lacking if that doesn't go to plan.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I tell you, who agrees that Mourinho is a Van Gaal mark II, made of the finest arrogance.

Both won the champions leagues with unfancied teams (who were packed in a cycle of the countries best) and then got their big moves. In the time with Barcelona and Chelsea both won the leagues but not convincing the fans and media. Van Gaal got knocked out by a Spanish team in Valencia and Mourinho similar with Liverpool. In the following season they both went out early and ending up losing the media and fans. Lost his grip on the league and was forced out from the owner.

So now were waiting for Mourinho to fail in europe again and then go to Portugal National team and fail in qualification for the world cup. Chelsea will fall as Roman will leave and hell try and resurrect them but get sacked half way through the season finally going back to Portugal and doing well with lowly Peñarol.

Seriously, apart from the second paragraph the comparisons are uncanny.

"Tu es my Malo":D

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob Edwards said:
Rijkaard doesn't have as many titles as Jose yet.
The statement I made was: Rijkaard is a better coach than Mourinho
Not:
Rijkaard is a more succesful coach than Mourinho

I thought an Englishman would know the meaning of words in his own language, guess I was wrong on that one :howler:

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Barçawinner said:
The statement I made was: Rijkaard is a better coach than Mourinho
Not:
Rijkaard is a more succesful coach than Mourinho

I thought an Englishman would know the meaning of words in his own language, guess I was wrong on that one :howler:
Because of winning one tie? A truly great coach should have a CL on his resume. If Rijkaard gets that he joins the elite.

For the moment imo it's Hitzfeld > Mourinho > Capello > Benitez.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Mourinho has convinced the media and the fans, though.
The fans is the biggest difference as their less demanding in the way the football is played and I agree with that. But the media, they seem to be getting on his back. Of course hes got the luck of not having a 24 hour media just following one club although hes managed to make Chelsea the closest club to having that in England.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Spending hundreds of millions of dollars to put up a display like Chelsea did tonight is a disgrace. Mourinho has been exposed, without a doubt, as have Chelsea as a team.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Maz said:
The fans is the biggest difference as their less demanding in the way the football is played and I agree with that. But the media, they seem to be getting on his back. Of course hes got the luck of not having a 24 hour media just following one club although hes managed to make Chelsea the closest club to having that in England.
English media has never been on his back. They think he's a prick but a brilliant one.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rob Edwards said:
Because of winning one tie? A truly great coach should have a CL on his resume. If Rijkaard gets that he joins the elite.

How ignorant are you really? Don't answer please I already know it.

Anyway I know you are only trying to create some kind of riot with your provoking false claims, so I will not go into debate with you.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rob Edwards said:

Surely Van Gaal would be on this list if you have winning Champion's Leagues as a criteria for being an "elite coach" :lala:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
English media has never been on his back. They think he's a prick but a brilliant one.
True not till now. Dont you feel hes losing them though as they start to doubt him. Discrediting Barcelona victory, disrespecting a legend in Bryan Robson, blaming the defeat on a diving Messi and then having the double standard with Drogba´s action. People are actually questioning now if hes the special one. Lets see the reaction and how they report from him now.

Ill tell you a fear I have of Rijkaard. IF (and a big one) Barcelona manage the champions league then would he go to Milan. Its well known they want a new manager and its a question of time before he goes there. With a Champions League and a League will he feel he has no more to prove in Barcelona?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:

that's ridiculous, the CL is full of luck and chance, if it wasn't for a snide linesman at OT Mourinho wouldn't be in the elite then?

that is such a simplistic argument, so if Monaco played one good game against Porto then Deschamps would be part of the elite as well?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts