Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been asked a few questions about Nk Rijeka. What i would like to know is some info on the coach, your opinion on the overall coaching, the players, and what you think are the prospects for the club.

Also, if you were asked to describe the style of soccer played in Hrvatska, what would you say?

Thanks for your answers.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Coach is Elvis Scoria. He used to play for Rijeka and used to coach Uljanik (renamed Pula1856). He made the cup final with them a few years ago while they were in the second division. Great young coach who plays modern football.

Rijeka play the nicest football in Croatia, which I guess isn't too hard, but with a few more good players, they would probably win the HNL this year and could do something in Europe nex year. Best players are probably Erceg, Linic, Saric, Mitu and Lerant.

They also have the best fans in Croatia, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
difficult questions...

imho,
scoria is a good coach,
he is youg and rijeka play an aggressive football, in particular on the wraps (ehm, i hope that this is the right word, sorry :D ) with mujdza and saric and the more offensive novakovic, i like him more then a lot of other croatian coachs
it's a good coach also because he has good relationship with the players and he is a normal person when he speaks with the media (it's a strange thing in our football, i noted :D ), no scandals

the players i like much more are novakovic because he is fast and has very good pass skills, i think he must be more in the starting 11
dunkovic, good technic and a fighter in the middle
mujdza, this guy runs up and down on the wraps ( :D ) as a mad, and his crosses are everytime dangerous
there are also erceg and mitu, the first did 1 goal in the last 8 matches, i dont know what's happened him
mitu is a good player, he does his work
the central defensive duo, knesevic-lerant are good but nothing special
linic, this guy seemed to be a big promise, but after the first half of the league, as erceg, he is not how he was

there are always midfielders that changes every game, they are tadic, butic, caval and and dobric

rijeka has the oppurtinity to win this league, but only if they play as they did in teh first half of the season,
now there is a solid defense but we score too less,
the club is good, there are no financial problems and if this hrvatski clubovi became privatizated we wil be a club that has great opportunity

i let to other the question about croatian style of soccer, i only say that imho there are too much weak defenders and however we has great tech skills we score too much in crowd situations

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Rijeka played the best football at the beggining of the season as well, I watched the two games against the Turkish teams in the UEFA cup, and Rijeka deserved to go through. Precise attacking football, they can break on either side and switch play very well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou Dinamovac, Zono and Ero for your answers.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
rijeka play very nice football scoria is a very good coach erceg is a good striker also ahmad sharbini is a pretty good player in my opionon as well.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
They also have the best fans in Croatia, in my opinion.
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :lala:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
yeah...what do you mean d11? it terms of...?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Ero said:
yeah...what do you mean d11? it terms of...?
In terms of there is no bull carp with them. They just cheer for their team 100% and do it very well. They don't beat their players up, they don't put themselves infront of the club or act as if they are bigger than it. They are just supporters and the way they have stuck by the club over the years when they were fighting relegation is great!

Not to mention they are always at NT games in big numbers, home or away and they do not get many games in Rijeka.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
from the little i know about Armada, i have to agree with D11. They really seem like a tight knit unit.

I remember being in Rijeka last summer, walking under some overpass, seeing more and more Armada graffiti, and stopping by what i "think" was the Armada headquarters. I peered in, and saw beer cans and bottles all over, banners, pictures , posters.

good website too.

http://www.armada-rijeka.hr/

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
fair enough d11.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
D11 is spot on with this one.

This is the attitude that TRUE ULTRAS have. Not use the club or fan group as an excuse to break the law.

Also the call on the NT is great too. I remember growing up hearing how Istriani and Rijecani weren't 'pravi Hrvati' for some reason. I guess it's because we don't have too many around here but everyone I ever met was as patriotic as any Hercegovac or Lican and every NT game I see 'PULA', 'RIJEKA', or 'ROVINJ' on the flags and in big numbers both home and away.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
A lot of the people from Rijeka have roots from Lika, Dalmacija, Hercegovina, Gorski Kotar, Zumberak, Kordun, Banovina, Primorje...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
jebes forza fiume,

NAPRIJED RIJEKA !!

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
If they ever rebuild a stadium in Rijeka, is there a chance that it could go to 35-40,000 people?

Rijeka is a bigger city than Split. If Rijeka has 40k, Split 45K, Osijek with a refurbishment and if Maksimir gets something than we're halfway to hosting something God willing.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts