Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any worth watching playing in the top Brazilian league this season?

Or wingbacks as you prefer

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
hmmm. we're in a bad safra of rightbacks not sure who would be worth your attention..

probably these ones:
vitor - palmeiras
Leo Moura - flamengo
Jonathan - cruzeiro

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Mario Fernandes.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I asked the question with a player in mind but see he hasn't been mentioned.

He is far from the finished product, sometimes a bit erratic but from a pure entertainment point of view is really good to watch.

The player is Patric an on loan player to Avai from Benfica. He just bombs down the wing and is looking to be involved all the time.

In fact Avai are playing an attacking expansive game all round and Patric is a big part of that overall. Well worth watching.

Have hopes for the player in the future. Stood out for me in the South American U20s tournament a few years ago. Quick, very strong, good technique just can be a bit too reckless at this time. He is a little guy but that didn't stop R.Carlos who he is a bit similar to when going forward.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Mario Fernandes.
He's a central defender, not a right back. But AFAIK he's doing great as a DM.

Well I asked the question with a player in mind but see he hasn't been mentioned.

He is far from the finished product, sometimes a bit erratic but from a pure entertainment point of view is really good to watch.

The player is Patric an on loan player to Avai from Benfica. He just bombs down the wing and is looking to be involved all the time.

In fact Avai are playing an attacking expansive game all round and Patric is a big part of that overall. Well worth watching.

Have hopes for the player in the future. Stood out for me in the South American U20s tournament a few years ago. Quick, very strong, good technique just can be a bit too reckless at this time. He is a little guy but that didn't stop R.Carlos who he is a bit similar to when going forward.
To be honest I was trying to remember the "laterais" from Avaí but couldn't remember so I let it go...

But yeh, Avaí have good right back and left back... I almost always use them in my Fantasy League team...:)

I think that the left back will be on Mano's new list (only players in Brazil will be called) but I can see patrick having chances in the future because the President of Brazilian federation demanded the new coach to do a complete reformulation of the Brazilian Squad.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah you're right they have a good left back as well Eltinho.

Anyhow thanks for the other suggestions.

Will keep an eye out on some of those.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He's a central defender, not a right back. But AFAIK he's doing great as a DM.
Converted to RB, that's where he has been playing for Gremio.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Yep. I think Eltinho will be on the next list.

Converted to RB, that's where he has been playing for Gremio.
as a right back he's just another "good player".

you'd be better of investing in an european right back.

He's better as a "volante" (DM in english, I think).

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
anyway, going to a bar to watch the games now. see ya later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts