Xtratime Community banner

What two rightbacks would you select for the NT´s upcoming campaign?

• Elad Gabay (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dani Bondar (Volga Novgorod)

• Omri Kende (Hapoel Tel Aviv)

• Ofer Verta (SC Ashdod)

• Oded Elkayam (Bnei Sakhnin)

• Iyad Hotba (Hapoel Tel Aviv)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you believe should be the rightbacks for Israel upcoming campaign.

Please pick TWO options

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My votes go for Yuval Shpungin and Oz Rali.

Shpungin has big potential to be a great rightback, we all know him from Maccabi Tel Aviv, the truth is he wasn`t given the credit he deserved and that is why he left to Cyprus where he is uncontested and respected.

Fernandez called him in some matches of the last campaign and from the rightbacks we had he was with best performance IMO.

Kiriat Shmona is overperforming in the league and obviously their players get highlighted. Elad Gabay has shown great skills defending and supporting attack and certainly deserves at least to be in a pre list.

Dor Malul is a case apart, this guy has talent, but he is not consistent. To be honest I haven`t seen much of him eversince he left to Belgium, but from what I read he is doing well. His attacking skils were incredible, but in defense he lacked sometimes positioning in critical situations which is why I wouldn`t choose him unless of course now in Belgium he has learned it.

Ofer Verta has been one of Ashdod´s key players on the right side. Very effective and discreet player.

But my vote goes for Oz Rali from Bnei Yehuda. Don`t know why the media doesn`t give much value to him or the big clubs don`t sign him, but from what I manage to observe at Bnei yehuda matches or in highlights he is always well positioned. Defends well and has a good speed in attacking transitions. Good for counterattacking strategies.
Rali´s advantage is that he is versatile and could play in many positions not only as rightback. He could also play in the left side or in midfield.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My votes go for Yuval Shpungin and Oz Rali.

Shpungin has big potential to be a great rightback, we all know him from Maccabi Tel Aviv, the truth is he wasn`t given the credit he deserved and that is why he left to Cyprus where he is uncontested and respected.

Fernandez called him in some matches of the last campaign and from the rightbacks we had he was with best performance IMO.

Kiriat Shmona is overperforming in the league and obviously their players get highlighted. Elad Gabay has shown great skills defending and supporting attack and certainly deserves at least to be in a pre list.

Dor Malul is a case apart, this guy has talent, but he is not consistent. To be honest I haven`t seen much of him eversince he left to Belgium, but from what I read he is doing well. His attacking skils were incredible, but in defense he lacked sometimes positioning in critical situations which is why I wouldn`t choose him unless of course now in Belgium he has learned it.

Ofer Verta has been one of Ashdod´s key players on the right side. Very effective and discreet player.

But my vote goes for Oz Rali from Bnei Yehuda. Don`t know why the media doesn`t give much value to him or the big clubs don`t sign him, but from what I manage to observe at Bnei yehuda matches or in highlights he is always well positioned. Defends well and has a good speed in attacking transitions. Good for counterattacking strategies.
Rali´s advantage is that he is versatile and could play in many positions not only as rightback. He could also play in the left side or in midfield.
I think Shpungin is a good player defensively, but he is weak going forward. I agree with you about Rali, Malul's problem is that he is slow and gets beaten for pace all the time. Fullbacks need to be fast. One player you might want to consider is Orel Dgani of Haifa, I like him a lot.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Shpungin is a good player defensively, but he is weak going forward. I agree with you about Rali, Malul's problem is that he is slow and gets beaten for pace all the time. Fullbacks need to be fast. One player you might want to consider is Orel Dgani of Haifa, I like him a lot.
He is an option aswell, but I would still stick with Spungin and Rali. Plus, with Rali due to his versatility he could give an extra spot let´s say for an additional midfielder or forward in the squad selection.

About Spungin, yes in attack he isn`t so effective, but normally our fullbacks don`t have a tradition of being so technical and advancing much. We follow more the English or Italian style in this sense rather than a Brazilian or Dutch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dor Malul has a great advantage he plays in Belgium I say that everytime we need players who play in Europe, I saw some matchs where he played I think he can be our rightback.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Dor Malul has a great advantage he plays in Belgium I say that everytime we need players who play in Europe, I saw some matchs where he played I think he can be our rightback.
Malul is way too slow to play right back at the international level, and his technical strengths aren't good enough to make up for his lack of speed.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Malul originally at Maccabi youth was a midfielder and with the use of a flat 4-4-2 system he became the right midfielder.

But with time and to try to fit him into the team using his technique he was used as a rightback. It is not his natural position, even though he could manage to play decently on it. BUt still I am not convinced with him especially in the matter of defense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts