Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You City-folk have a lot of right-sided defenders.

How do they differ and who should be first choice?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Boateng has been crap. He showed quality in the world cup but has been a real let down and to be honest I think most City fans have forgotten he exists.

Zabaleta is one of the most important squad players, but mainly due to his versatility. He plays in several positions for us, and is the most tenacious, if not a classic defender.

Richards has been playing well this season, and is our best RB. He is powerful getting forward and as somebody who can play CB has defencive nous too. He should be first choice.

Boyata is a CB who fills in there, he's not a natural RB.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I had forgotten City had bought Boateng. He played LB in the WC for Germany tho, Lahm played as RB.

City should play him as LB too.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Minds in ManChester

Thanks City Xtratimers.

What mental agility then gives ole resolute Zabaleta the head-nod over Richards since Tevez' precious mind-change?

Is this at the powerful Tevez' instigation?

What has the Boateng lost that he had in (South) Africa - his mind?

What stops that Richards from maintaining a high level of consistency - is it psychological?

What spiderwebbed-thinking makes Boyata a right-sided?

What kind of madness makes Touré the Elder such a no-go?

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Boateng is NOT a right back, he is a CB and thats the position he played for Hamburg. the only reason he played LB for Germany is because they had nobody else for that position. Boateng has played as a CB a couple times this season, and he did great. he is just not meant for RB cuz he is not good at going forward. Mancini used him as a RB for a while cuz the CB spots were already taken by Kolo and Kompany, and he had to play Boateng somewhere cuz he paid alot of money for him and he didnt trust richards at first. Boateng would have had alot more chances at playing CB this year, but he picked up 2 nasty injuries while on international duty, and now he is out for the rest of the season. im willing to bet that if boateng is still here by next season which i think he will be, than he will play as a CB next to Kompany. he has all the attributes for a CB and he is still very young

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
(South) Africa's Boateng

(South) Africa's Boateng was a tall strong soccer-athlete with good all-round defensive and technical capabilities including being a very decent crosser of the ball, no?

He had a better passing range than others that play in the same position.

He is not combative or impulsive but I thought he would add grace, maturity and composure to any team he plays for in whatever position.

Apart from the injuries why is having such a torrid time of it?

Is he struggling to come to terms with the tempo and hustle bustle of the England Premiership (like his brother did at times)?

Or is it something deeper than that?:mad:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
(W)right...'s Inches

Shaun (W)right... has five feet with his seven inches, no?

Fair to say, his inches don't mark-him-out as a bully of Boateng, Manchesthair; more your regular five-legged guy with genitals that likes to dribble more than most.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rain in ManChester

Wow, you got it, Manchesthair.

If there was one word needed that sums-up the right-sided defensive situation at the ManChester of City wouldn't that be it?:undecided:

Why is this position on-the-pitch proving to be so treacherous for so many different players - that's what I need to know?

Can you answer this?

How does ole Zabaleta protect himself and his mind from the rain in ManChester that fills such a poisonous chalice?

Not funny for Habib, a devout Muslim, a soccer-angel and a solid anchor who so soon after being arbitrarily shifted to the right was then driven to the depths of despair; submitting his soul to a desperate and regrettable dependency.

Mory Touré said:
Their fame, their celebrity has utterly transformed my life.
...and later:

A smiling Mory Touré said:
Football has become this family’s drug.
:wallbang: :glasses: :mad: :frustrat: :eyepatch: :hmm: :boxing:

TGO once called Boateng the 'rich man's Sun Ji-hai'. Turns out Sun is better. :pp
I will say ??? faced similar problems establishing himself in a similar position at this club against a certain highly effective low-tech Danny Mills.

Which loon let those Mills overshadow that Sun?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
U2 have inspired (<right word?) me to use my own pic as an avatar. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well, Embad, I've added you to my Buddy List.

Not sure, technically, what this means for either of us.:cap:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
To paste a short story long

And embad, his avatr is Jean Charles de Menezes, the guy who was shot by the police in London.
And [my buddy] embad, his avat[a]r is [of the late] Jean Charles de Menezes [and his partially obscured four-eyed smiling (and presumed) associate], the [former, a Gonzaga-born/Gonzaga-buried] guy who was shot [seven times in the head and once in the shoulder at close range] by the [uK] police in [a] London [Tube-Train that was on the platform of a London Subway Station. The latter, behind him, is his overlooked buddy].

Washingtone, you're frigging weird.
And your elective affinity to a Maurizio Gaudino, good sir, is not?

Will always choose 'frigging weird' if it means me being less 'casually neglectful' and more loyal... and don't you forget/neglect this/that (again).:hopefull:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jean Charles actually.
This reads like you are correcting a Maurizio Gaudino typo?

At least mine is me.
Is this Manchesthair? I like your leggings.

Seriously, I like the pic, not necessarily because it's 'you' but more because the person smiling is smiling a full, hopeful and beautiful smile.:smile:

It's a bit like de Jong's smile we saw very recently when he got his first goal for the ManChester of City against (the) West of Ham.

George looks like a spastic.
Fear this is the combination of rampant 'candor' and 'dishonesty' that did not aid you well in your classic, tragic and epic 20-pages and more of MarieL-chasing in the ole Love and Dating forum.

All that time part-hijacking MCFail's great 'I'm attracted to someone on XT' thread without any discernible pay-off?

Well done Icy 'Paula' for holding her own against the odds; resisting the would-be-gory urges of certain Xtratimers wanting to penetrate her brain - I'll say no more...
Manchesthair :pat: MarieL

1 - 20 of 41 Posts