Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this will come to a surprise to some of the resident gooners on XT.

http://www.rightresult.net/

The Right Result concept was devised by people who’d had enough of seeing bad decisions affect the outcome of football matches week in week out. Like many other fans we don’t buy into the old “luck evens itself out over the course of a season” line that gets offered up so often as if it makes everything ok, because luck doesn’t do this and it isn’t ok! We wanted to see just how different the league table would look if refs called it right more often.

Each week on this website the Right Result panel selects the key injustices that happen each week during the Premiership season, applies the strict rules of the game to them and passes an impartial judgement on whether or not questionable decisions should stand. The panel is a neutral and independent body, comprised of members from the Association of Football Statisticians (www.11v11.com).

Typical examples of incidents include penalties that don’t get given when they should have been. Or those that do get allowed in dubious circumstances. Whether balls did or didn’t cross the goal line. Goals disallowed for questionable offside.

These incidents happen so frequently that there’s virtually never a weekend passes without at least one controversial call that not only affects the scoreline of a game, but actually changes the outcome.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
How exactly have these geniuses worked this out? So if a team gets a man wrongly sent off and end up losing the game, what's the verdict on that?

Are you suggesting that Man Utd getting a lot of dubious calls in their favor is a complete myth?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
How exactly have these geniuses worked this out? So if a team gets a man wrongly sent off and end up losing the game, what's the verdict on that?

Are you suggesting that Man Utd getting a lot of dubious calls in their favor is a complete myth?
Everyone has selective memories, conditioned on their pre-concieved notion that Manchester United always get dubious calls. Nobody ever remembers games such as against Blackburn and Portsmouth where we should have had penalties and such. But in those games we still battled on and got a result, so nobody remembers it that much. Except Arsenal have no backbone or spirit and so have to piss and moan when they dont get the result.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Q, don't talk bollocks. We never battle for results; we're quite obviously handed most of them by dodgy refs that like the feel of a brown envelope.

Not only do you buy success through the purchase of top quality players, just to make sure, we buy each and every ref that officiates our games, and those that can't be bought are threatened with bad breath and colourful language coming from Ferie's mouth.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Look Newton, your sarcasm sucks, sunshine.

Everybody gets their fair share of shit decisions against them, and you top 4 teams are all as bad as each other. I'm not standing up for one against the other.

I will say this though, the only penalty you conceded this season in the league was against Chelsea the other week, right? Coincidence or not, you tell me.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts

Everybody gets their fair share of shit decisions against them, and you top 4 teams are all as bad as each other. I'm not standing up for one against the other.

I will say this though, the only penalty you conceded this season in the league was against Chelsea the other week, right? Coincidence or not, you tell me.
Unless you can refer to specific incidents where stonewall penalties should have been given against United, it is nothing but baseless conjecture.

Evidence is a wonderful thing for an argument.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
What sarcasm?

And "sucks"? Really?

All of these people that like to have a little moan about decisions that go in favour of United conveniently forget about the Blackburn game, Portsmouth game... even the Newcastle game where we won 6-0 we should have had a couple of penalties there.

If they complain about Scholes getting sent off they forget about the Arsenal cup game at OT where Eduardo, Flamini and Gallas could and perhaps should have been sent off thus suspending them for three league games.

It's great for us to read all this bollocks being typed because you can imagine some of these idiots with their selective memories seething behind their computer screens about the decisions we get away with.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
As I said, I'm not standing up for a top team against another. And the first thing you do is mention Arsenal to me. Arsenal are just as bad as you, if not worse.

A 50/50 decision usually goes in favor of the top team, whether it's a penalty or a Scholes-esque incident. It's same in other countries too, and it's universally accepted.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I'm not really pointing Arsenal out to you personally. I'm just pointing to these facts because it's not only you and I that will be reading these posts.

Anyway, as you've said, all teams get their fair share of good and bad decisions but it's no coincidence that the most attacking teams are going to get the most penalties awarded to them and the most defensive teams are going to get a lot of penalties go against them because they invite teams on to them.

Then there's just the decision on the day.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Simply WTF ?

Man United have so many dubious decisions go there way its unbelievable.

I take it the owners thought "When Man United beat west ham, they had Nani unfairly sent off, so that mean theyd have beaten them 15-0, and got 6 points for it, so it counteracts the chealsea loss"

Or did Alex Ferguson pay these guys to fix the league title this way too, i mean we all saw this pic at the weekend surely ?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Simply WTF ?

Man United have so many dubious decisions go there way its unbelievable.

I take it the owners thought "When Man United beat west ham, they had Nani unfairly sent off, so that mean theyd have beaten them 15-0, and got 6 points for it, so it counteracts the chealsea loss"

Or did Alex Ferguson pay these guys to fix the league title this way too, i mean we all saw this pic at the weekend surely ?

ha ha thats last seasons kit you cock.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
oh yes, some internet geeks have come down in the favour of United, how shocking. :eek:
Like you'd be complaining if they came down in favour of Arsenal?

If that table had Arsenal at the top of it some of your boys would have brought it up moths back. They'd at least have it in their sigs.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Like you'd be complaining if they came down in favour of Arsenal?

If that table had Arsenal at the top of it some of your boys would have brought it up moths back. They'd at least have it in their sigs.
load of bollocks. :D

here you go my own table that I just made up.

1.Derby
20.United

I am not divulging my findings though. ;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Wigan could have had a pen on the weekend :pp

Its all well known that Man Utd and some other top clubs buy out the refs... its just obvious, the powers that be at the top of the hierarchy's in football are just scum. What coincedence is there that as soon as Abramovich and Kenyon are two men at the top of the Chelsea hierarchy, the men in blue actually start getting some favourable calls? The obvious explanation is simple. They pay out the FA and the referee association to give them these points.

How else do you also explain so many unfavourable calls given to the smaller teams when against the big teams... sometimes you will see Chelsea or Man U play absiolutely awful football and never look like winning yet the score is somehow 1-0 to them with a dodgy goal. All these punduts and the media who are probably bought out aswell anyway, always make the bullsh!t excuse that its a sign of champions. My arse. Its a sign of a big fat pay cheque to the referee.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Deano, dont compare English football to the standard in Italy. Cheating may be well known in Italy but not necessarily in England. :)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
In italy it has just been found out, because Inter wanted to cheat themselves so they got Juve out of the picture. In England its a conspiracy among all the top men, including the media.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts