Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rollani: Who's this?

Anyway, he's a free agent and he comes from Grasshoppers. He's a playmaker and Uruguayan, 28 years old. He has scored 85 goals in 125 matches in the Swiss team. This signing closes the door to the Brazilian Deivid (who was this?).

"This signing is a surprise for me; with my age, coming to this team is very important for me. I come to score goals. I want to go far with Atlético".

He will sign until June 30th. As long as Mundo Atleti says, this signing closes the Winter market for Atleti... although Jandro could come yet.

IMO, this is silly... I can't believe how Atleti spends their few money in signings like this. :eek:

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050127/NOTICIA191110884.html

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Koeman4 said:
"This signing is a surprise for me"
This quote sticks out to me. Does he not see himself of the ability to play at this level?

Atletico are losing pace on the likes of Betis, Sevilla and Villareal and with each season, even Uefa looks difficult as these teams are signing quality players. Sevilla especially, this week they bought another great Brazilian talent in Adriano the leftback. I like this player alot and with Renato coming for free and Daniel Alves, Baptista, Atletico really have to reassess their scouts if they have big club aspirations as Sevilla are showing you can get high quality cheap.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Another surprise which one can expect from Atleti board. They left Paunovic go on a free and get an unknown player.

I can't even put in the comment saying that " who knows he might be a good player" .... believe me this is an atrocious move.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brs said:
Another surprise which one can expect from Atleti board. They left Paunovic go on a free and get an unknown player.

I can't even put in the comment saying that " who knows he might be a good player" .... believe me this is an atrocious move.
But this is the eternal discussion. How can Atleti grow signing this kind of players? When you compare Atleti's squad with Villarreal's, Betis', Sevilla's, Depor's... you see that there is not material to do anything.

This team desperately needs a good and creative DM, a decent playmaker, a top striker, good wings and side backs. Let's say an example, Riquelme will leave Barça for sure. How come are Depor and Villarreal over Atleti in this race? So Depor goes for Riquelme and Atleti for Richard Nuñez. That explains everything.

If Atleti doesn't have money, then they should wonder what to do. What has the Gil family done with this club?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Koeman4 said:
:rollani: Who's this?

Anyway, he's a free agent and he comes from Grasshoppers. He's a playmaker and Uruguayan, 28 years old. He has scored 85 goals in 125 matches in the Swiss team. This signing closes the door to the Brazilian Deivid (who was this?).

"This signing is a surprise for me; with my age, coming to this team is very important for me. I come to score goals. I want to go far with Atlético".

He will sign until June 30th. As long as Mundo Atleti says, this signing closes the Winter market for Atleti... although Jandro could come yet.

IMO, this is silly... I can't believe how Atleti spends their few money in signings like this. :eek:

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050127/NOTICIA191110884.html

Well Deivid scorerd 21 goal in Brazil last season for Santos. Anyway our spending power was fourth in pre-season but still we play like shit so i don't what our board is thinking :sigh: . And Nunez comes from crapy league like Swiss at the age of 28 :confused: I don't know...

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
0utlaw said:
Well Deivid scorerd 21 goal in Brazil last season for Santos. Anyway our spending power was fourth in pre-season but still we play like shit so i don't what our board is thinking :sigh: . And Nunez comes from crapy league like Swiss at the age of 28 :confused: I don't know...
We can't go by a single season..even with Deivid I was not so optimistic. Are not there any better players around? Take the example of Musampa... he ahd a real good season with Malaga and when he comes here...all know what happened.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Koeman4 said:
This team desperately needs a good and creative DM, a decent playmaker, a top striker, good wings and side backs. Let's say an example, Riquelme will leave Barça for sure. How come are Depor and Villarreal over Atleti in this race? So Depor goes for Riquelme and Atleti for Richard Nuñez. That explains everything.
We thought Luccin would be the "good and creative DM" ... he is :yuck:

We have Ibagaza, who is more than a decent playmaker... if he stays away from injury it will be good.

With Gronkjaer , so far he looks very promising..but u know only one person cannot make a change.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Well I think after everything is said & done you be happy witht the Richard Nunes signing. However I can see how some of you are disappointed with how your club chooses it's players.

Nunes is a good player, and I think he will adapt to Spain easily, and he will make your team better. He can score goals & set up them up.

I have been waiting for him to make the jump to a larger team for years. He featured on the NT for a bit last year, and played very well.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sebastian50 said:
Well I think after everything is said & done you be happy witht the Richard Nunes signing. However I can see how some of you are disappointed with how your club chooses it's players.

Nunes is a good player, and I think he will adapt to Spain easily, and he will make your team better. He can score goals & set up them up.

I have been waiting for him to make the jump to a larger team for years. He featured on the NT for a bit last year, and played very well.
The problem is that I was used to see a big Atlético, the 3rd club of Spain, a club with big names... and Richard Nuñez is not a "big name". In any case, I might be wrong, no one knew Pantic before he came and he was the key player in Atlético's "doblete" in 1996.

The problem is that I don't trust much in the tecnical staff's abilities to sign new players.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi all

Richard Nunez is a DIVA... but a player with a fine technic... Normally he plays as a left winger by Grasshoppers-Club. He was Swissleague Topscorer in 2003 and Grasshoppers win two Swisschampionships (2001 and 2003) because of his goals...

If he feels good, then you will be happy with him.... if he feels bad, you can play with a junior....

hope you understand what i mean...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts