Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has decided not to extend his contract with Israel which expires on July 1st. I don't know how exciting this news is for you Danes but I was just wondering what is the general feeling around this particular issue and on Nielsen in general? I know that most of you basically think he is old-fashioned and not a very bright coach and to say it on someone who actually won a Euro-cup says a lot. Where is he gonna coach now? In Denmark or perhaps a comeback as Finland coach (so i heard)?

Any input appreciated....thanks :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I don't think Richard Möller-Nielsen will be back as Finland's manager. We never had any real success under his management & we have a great manager right now in Antti Muurinen. He is one of the most legendary Finnish managers & led HJK Helsinki to the Finnish championship & the UEFA Champions League.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I kinda like the guy, but can you not after seing him help us win the EC92 :)? I'm sure Glen's of anoter opinion here though :D...

Anyway, I don't think he's such a fantastic coach at all, and he has a huge problem with tackling big stars, which resulted in Michael Laudrup and Jan Mølby not comming to Sweden in 92, and as far as I understand several of the big players for Israel growing a strong disliking of the man.

I think he'll take a year's break, and return with some NT, I can't really see him with a club team, and all that betting stuff with RMN among the favs for the Bundby job, etc is just plain and utter bull IMO :).

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
He did a very good job for Denmark. He didn't have the stars like the danes had in that 80'ths, therefor he couldn't keep up the danish style from the 80'ths.

Loose 5 matches (who cares about freindly) in 6 years that is class. Only 1 point behind Yugoslavia in the 1992 qualification!!
To win 2-1 in Belgrade (Two goals from ex-Vejle player Bent Christensen and one from Pancev) Yugoslavia, against Europes best team at that time, deseves almost the same respect as winning the Euro 1992.

Mölby was over the top and M. Laudrup couldn't make an average team good, he could "only" make a good team better.

Well sure the guy hasn't got the worlds most exciting football-philosophy but he didn't turn the team into a joke as the next coach did.

All in all; Respect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts