Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deloitte have produced their yearly report on the World's football rich list, this is edition 9 based on the 2004/05. The list is based on income only. It does not take into account transfers. player salaraies aand the like. Rangers did not make the list this year due to their poor European run last season despite winning the league and cup. It's only the third time they have failed to do so.

It was only a proverbial bawhair that Rangers missed out by. They were actually ranked 21st in the list only 1.5m Euros behind Lazio. That just goes to show how much the club are pulling in despite having to rely solely on the SPL last season.

As you'd expect the top 5 European Leagues are well represented- Premiership, La Liga, Serie a, Bundesliga and French Ligue 1. Rangers though from the crappy SPL have made as many appearances in the report as alot of clubs from those leagues. In fact Rangers have made as many appearances as any of the German clubs and more than any of the French clubs.

In the overall scheme of things Rangers are in quite a decent placing. Overall they are placed 17th in the 9 years since Deloitte have been anayising the statistics.

It makes you wonder why we need investment. When you see how much money we are pulling in compared to the clubs in the rest of the world I would suggest we maybe need to manage our finances better. Hopefully now that we have a managable debt we can start to make this income work for us.

Next year's report should be alot better for Rangers. This European run will have generated alot of income. I'd expect us to be up in the top 15 at least.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Good presentation chivo. I reckon some of your points are quite valid, and could equally apply to Celtic, who were higher than yourselves in the rich list this year.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laoch said:
Good presentation chivo. I reckon some of your points are quite valid, and could equally apply to Celtic, who were higher than yourselves in the rich list this year.
They are all taken out of the report from the site.

Yes they could equally apply to Celtic. Both clubs surely should be managing all that money coming in a little better than they are doing at present.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
a good showing by the old firm considered how we both get a pittance in TV money compared to every other club on that list (for example i think both Barcelona and Real Madrid get something like £50 million each year in domestic TV rights alone.)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Very interesting stuff. We're pulling in more money than I had originally thought, actually.

There's no Monaco and no Porto there either. Which theoretically means that we shouldn't be moaning about a lack of money. The fact is, it can be done. We just need the footballing framework and legacy in place to achieve it.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Might be a good idea to get early odds on Rangers winning next seasons Champions league.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Estimated revenue for 2005/06 CL run. These figures are based on the UEFA site and the TV money is based on what Celtic got last year. That TV money will obviusly go up for us playing more games.

Incidently Celtic were paid 10.5m euros last season so as you can see from the figures below I've been conservative in my estimations. We also played a preliminary round which although brought no payments from UEFA would have generated TV money and gates.

On the match and bonuses (in Euros)

1 600 000 (To all teams in the group stages for participating)
1 926 000 (6 x 321,000 per matchday)
0 321 000 (1 x 321,000 per win)
0 644 000 (4 x 161,000 per draw)
1 600 000 (To all teams in last 16 for participating)
0 642 000 (2 x 321,000 per matchday)
-----------
6 733 000 Minimum Total for matches and bonuses

6 500 000 (TV Market-pool)
-----------
13 233 000 Minimum Total from UEFA

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange one. Must be to do with their domestic gates.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As we all know the Rangers turnover for this season will be greatly increased thanks to our run in the Champions League- as illustrated above. Rangers have just released some figures for the last 6 month period as reported by Reuters.

Turnover for the last 6 months of last year rose by 13.7m Euros. That would put us near the top 15 of the Rich List next time around with the Euro money from this round still to be added, the TV revenue from those matches and the gates with that. Any progress in the competition would obviously add to that.

Rangers raises profit thanks to Champions League run

GLASGOW, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Rangers have increased profit and turnover after reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League.

The Scottish champions said on Monday turnover rose 9.4 million pounds ($16.4 million) in the six months to December 31 to 40.33 million.

Profit, before interest and tax, rose 1.32 million to 6.83 million.

"Our revenue benefited from ... Champions League football, but we have, at the same time, controlled costs so that much of our increased revenue has come through as profit in this six-month period," chairman David Murray said in a statement.

Rangers play Villarreal in the first leg of their knockout Champions League tie on Wednesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts