Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm sure you know by now, Ricardo Teixeira has resigned from his position as CBF president thanks to a truckload of charges against him, following his fall from grace with FIFA (after having betrayed his old ally Blatter during Blatter's reelection campaign), and the many complaints about how the WC organization process is being handled.

Now that the bad man left the building, of course everything will be much better! :happy: The role of CBF president will now be performed by crook extraordinaire Jose Maria Marin, a pawn of the São Paulo federation who recently was filmed stealing taking as a souvenir one of the medals he was supposed to give to a youth tournament's champions. :proud: And regarding the many complaints about corruption in the 2014 WC organization process, everyone can relax because the WC organization comittee will continue to be headed by Ricardo Teixeira's daughter, so clearly Teixeira will have no influence anymore and evil has been vanquished. :thumbsup:

Among all homages given to this oily pustule great man who has done so much for Brasilian football I feel I must share this article by Lance!'s Benjamin Back. I'll translate for the sake of any poor lost souls who don't speak portuguese.

Jornal Nacional's Homage to Ricardo Teixeira Was Touching!
by Benjamin Back

Yesterday I almost went to tears watching the beautiful homage that the Jornal Nacional (Globo TV's main news show) paid to Ricardo Teixeira! The most watched news program in the country fondly remembered the 23 years of Teixeira leading CBF, the trophies he conquered, the awesome frontlines he formed side-by-side with Romario, Ronaldo and Bebeto, after all Teixeira was always a "craque", maybe not as appreciated as he deserved, but he really played some great football! The greatest injustice committed against him was that Dunga and Cafu had the honors of raising the 1994 and 2002 World Cups instead of him!

Fortunately at least one media vehicle had the courage to recognize his importance and the beautiful legacy he left, and praise him as they should, since the majority decided to talk about completely irrelevant things, like for example: turned tables (when competition rules are scrapped to save big clubs from relegation), money laudering, contraband, the Nike congressional inquiry, the charges of bribery in the ISL case, Teixeira's shady connections with a marketing company accused of overcharging a Brasilian NT friendly with Portugal, scandals and more scandals that the sensationalist media insists on treating with an importance that they don't have.

Also, what's the point of showing Jose Maria Marin, the new president of CBF, explaining the medal he pocketed when he was delivering the awards to the Corinthians players that won the SP youth cup? The media only wants to look at the bad side of things.

Well, let's applaud Jornal Nacional for moving millions of Brasilians with their lovely homage to Ricardo Teixeira, good journalism at last! Impartial, informative, no strings attached. And it's only fair to retribute the love shown by the man who last year said explicitly in an interview that he didn't give a sh!t what anyone else says about him, and he only cared about what the Jornal Nacional said about him.

Words to live by, as Ricardo Teixeira really has nothing to fear regarding the Jornal Nacional.

·
Administrator
29,340 Posts
No Grynch, for the happiness of the near sighted Juca Kfouri and José Trajano kind of "moralists" (probally the same mindset of PCO and PSTU that think a political change is possible by radical means and our leaders do not reflect our society) all will be good now.

Probally some make up changes, the power to Globo return with mata-mata, a diplomatic option (As Andres Sanchez) and football will be honest again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts