Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Egyptian club Al Ahly announced him as their new coach today

Sleeve Beard Entertainment Font T-shirt

The 4th Portugese coach hired by Al Ahly after Manuel Jose, Tony Oliveira and Jose Peseiro

How good is he? I read he did well with Gil Vicente, finishing 5th and taking them to Conference League (first time they ever make Europe)

How is he rated/viewed in Portugal? 🇵🇹

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
Egyptian club Al Ahly announced him as their new coach today

View attachment 77316

The 4th Portugese coach hired by Al Ahly after Manuel Jose, Tony Oliveira and Jose Peseiro

How good is he? I read he did well with Gil Vicente, finishing 5th and taking them to Conference League (first time they ever make Europe)

How is he rated/viewed in Portugal? 🇵🇹

well he coached moreirense 2 seasons ago and they finished 8th, and this last season (he was no longer their coach) they were relegated...gil vicente was coached by him last season and finished 5th which is of course great, so he must know something about coaching for sure. i asked my dad because he followed the league a lot more thna i did this season, inlcuding games with smaller teams, and he tells me gil vicente were tough to break and played good football :)

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rui Vitoria is the Egypt NT coach now btw, we love Portuguese coaches here... (Jesualdo Ferreira is Zamalek coach and Zamalek fans love him)

Soares lost the Egyptian Cup final to arch rivals Zamalek recently so he didn't get off to a good start.

Reactions: Inácio

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
rui vitoria he is? i missed out on it, im so happy for him and for you, i liked him as a coach, he comes across as a very nice guy, and he is not cocky at all, as a coach he is not dumb either so, i hope it works out:)

ahahaha and portuguese coaches seem to love it there:D

that is not a good start but it is a 50/ 50 situation, and jesualdo was already there right? so he had that advantage

btw, dont think i ever asked u, what is your egyptian club nezza?

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently and for the past few years I no longer support any Egyptian club. Used to be an Al-Ahly fan and even went to watch them in the stadium a lot when I was younger but for some reason that passion disappeared so I am more of a neutral now when it comes to Egyptian football. Still follow but no emotion.

Yes Ferreira was there longer than Soares since a few months ago and he already worked at Zamalek before too and won a domestic double in 2014-2015.

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
ok, i did have a feeling it was al -ahly, and thne realized i was assuming it without being sure:D know what u mean about lacking the emotion about it, i had a couple " fan crisis" where upset with the events ( not related to results btw, but rather to management of situations, and or corruption issues) i felt like that towards club and nt, never to the point of lack of emotion but close, then however it always got back....lol but u have inter for the passion either way :p:D

should be an interesting "fight" between both coaches, but jesualdo is also a gentleman , so i dont imagine controversy over the media between those 2

jesualdo was also benfica coach at some point did u know? he was assistant coach several times, thne eventually our coach, short period, it was in porto he had better results laters ( champion boo:D)

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Inter per sempre 🖤💙

As for Soares and Ferreira, they have not clashed at all from what I read/heard.

I saw a pic of Ferreira with Tony Oliveira at Benfica yeah.

So Ferreira didn't do much at Benfica and succeeded at Porto, similar to Mourinho then?

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From a few weeks ago

Forehead Microphone Sleeve Gesture Jersey

Manuel Jose was the first Portuguese coach to come to Egypt (2001), his success with Al Ahly really opened doors for other Portuguese coaches to come here.

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
From a few weeks ago

View attachment 77572

Manuel Jose was the first Portuguese coach to come to Egypt (2001), his success with Al Ahly really opened doors for other Portuguese coaches to come here.

oh thats a nice a pic, and the red like that reminds me of benfica ahahahah

yes i recall manuel jose being such a pioneer back then, because forget about egypt alone, portuguese coaches would seldom go work abroad, full stop, so what he did was pretty out of the box at the time and for sure opened the way for others, in egypt of course but i believe in other countries too

still nowadays i think hes very fond of the days he had there, u can tell when he talks about footy on tv, even if not directly related to his career , he often manages to talk about those days:D

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
Yes, Inter per sempre 🖤💙

As for Soares and Ferreira, they have not clashed at all from what I read/heard.

I saw a pic of Ferreira with Tony Oliveira at Benfica yeah.

So Ferreira didn't do much at Benfica and succeeded at Porto, similar to Mourinho then?

yes nezza, u are all black and blue, no one in xt can doubt it:D

jesualdo and toni were a classic:D when i think of one, i always think of the other, the "image" of thme together in benfica, really stayed

well tbh at the time, even i might have had success at porto:D their machine was that oiled up and ours was very very rusty, those were harsh days for us, and as much as i dont like mourinho as a "character" and didnt even back thne as our coach, he for sure had more talent and it was possible to see during the short period of time he was with us. i cant blame the president at the time for dismissing him though, i might have done the same myself, he liked to tip toe over the club and that didnt go well with many of us, also he had been hired by a president that was in court for stealing from the club so...yeh, confusing times:D

i dont recall seeing soares in press conferences so i dont know what is posture is like, but jesualdo ferreira is usually a gent so i dont foresee proper clashes between them tbh

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Manuel Jose was a king in Egypt in all senses. Ahly were financially very strong (still are) and signed a great group of players for him (pretty much the core of the Egypt team that won 3 ACN in a row), fans loved him, I have a picture with him but I think it's on the pc in my folks house, will post it here if I find it next time I visit them.

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jesualdo Ferreira's Zamalek won 3-0 against Pyramids earlier tonight, they are 90% Champions now as they opened gaps with Pyramids and Al Ahly (the latter drew their last game). 6 rounds to go.

I wonder if Ricardo Soares will survive losing both the Cup and league to arch rivals...

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
Yes Manuel Jose was a king in Egypt in all senses. Ahly were financially very strong (still are) and signed a great group of players for him (pretty much the core of the Egypt team that won 3 ACN in a row), fans loved him, I have a picture with him but I think it's on the pc in my folks house, will post it here if I find it next time I visit them.
a pic with the man himself, awesome :Dyes if u can do:)

·
Administrator
25,616 Posts
Jesualdo Ferreira's Zamalek won 3-0 against Pyramids earlier tonight, they are 90% Champions now as they opened gaps with Pyramids and Al Ahly (the latter drew their last game). 6 rounds to go.

I wonder if Ricardo Soares will survive losing both the Cup and league to arch rivals...

well here coaches get fired overnight after short period of work ( which i find absurd most times), but yeah, even though he had little time to work, it can happen for sure

·
Registered
71,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another 0-0 draw for Ricardo Soares in the Egyptian league

This time against a team led by another Portuguese coach: Nuno Almeida

Product Gesture Publication Font Advertising

Curiously Almeida was Jesualdo Ferreira's assistant at Zamalek, Braga and Sporting (and goalkeeping coach at Panathinaikos, also under Ferreira)

I guess there will be a thank you call from Ferreira to Almeida (if not already..)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts